Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United Express CRJ-700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The CRJ-700 is essentially a stretch CRJ-200 / CL-65.

FIRST CLASS CABIN
First Class is two rows of 1+2 seating. The lefthand side is A and the two righthand seats are D(Aisle) and F(Window). Seat width is given as 19". The paired seats have a wide armrest, but not as wide as that found on the domestic First seat. Probably an inch less or so, and no sculpted little "tray" for drinks.

Pitch is officially given as 37" and this looks to be about right for Row 2. Row 1 has about 40" or so.

There are overhead bins along the right side of the First Class cabin, and they are the same size as those on the CRJ-200. Anything bigger then a laptop bag/briefcase/purse will need to be gate checked.

ECONOMY CABIN
The seats are 2+2 and are covered in blue leather (or a reasonable facsimile thereof). E+ seating is rows 7-9 and row 18 and have 34 inch pitch. All other economy rows have 30" pitch.

Related thread
Heads Up: CR7 Configuration and Seatmap Changes
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United Express CRJ-700

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 10:33 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi

Agree. Many folks think I’m crazy for actually preferring the CRJ-200 to the -700 if I’m flying in economy, and yes, the CRJ-200 does suck for any infinite number of reasons. However, the actual seat on the UAX CR7 is, bar none, the worst airplane seat I’ve ever sat in. I’ve been on it a handful of times, and there was absolutely no comfortable position whatsoever. That, and the 10-across 777 are my only two absolute do-not-book-in-Y types on UA.
No argument from me on the first statement

Apparently you've never flown NH. Spirit's 29" "prereclined" seat is unreal. Only saving grace for me was empty middle. Oh wait, I didn't pay for seat assignment, and poached the window seat

Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK

Good advice. Thanks. I have never paid attention toe equipment when booking as I figured all E+ products were similar enough. But I know better now. Are other airlines better or worse?
I think AA is trying to win the race to the bottom. From what I've read, they are introducing 29" pitch on 737MAX

Flying AS Saturday, but according to their new announcement, they are going to the dark side soon .... oh, the days when I used to get upgrades as Silver on CO and Horizon (dba Alaska Air) would serve craft beer on 98 mile YYJ-SEA puddlejumer in all coach Dash 8 ...... yes, for free
Old Aug 9, 2022, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Is it me or are the overhead bins on the C/D side ever so slightly bigger than the A/B side?

On the outbound, the GA walked around the gate and gate-tagged all roller bags and he was very adamant that none of them could be taken on board. Fair enough.

On the inbound, the GA didn't care at all. My carry-on technically exceeds the 45 linear inch maximum. I first tried fitting it on the A/B side, and I could not close the door. Then I tried on the C/D side, and it barely fit--I closed the door to make sure then opened it again. The FA saw my bag, flipped it so the wheels went the other direction, and after a bit of a struggle, was able to close the door.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 1:14 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Is there any difference between the economy seats on a CR7 vs the CR2?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:26 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by diburning
The big difference is E+ (34' inch pitch) seating on the CR7.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Lower ceiling on CR2; just avoid the window seats if you have to take CR2. 1B and 1C are the best seats on this a/c.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Lower ceiling on CR2; just avoid the window seats if you have to take CR2. 1B and 1C are the best seats on this a/c.
Good point about CR2 and that brings small OHBs. Believe the actual cause is the floor is higher in the body of the aircraft (so less head room). Effects the apparent window location/ height also.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:36 pm

HUGE difference

Obviously no E+ but the pitch on CR2 is pathetic, much worse than CR7 (IIRC 29 or 30").

Sadly familiar with CR2 as it was pretty common at DAL (before UA leased its two gates to WN) and I lived in Dallas as well as SFO-YYJ before UA dropped that route (I would fly SFO-YVR-YYJ just to avoid CR2 whenever it wasn't much more expensive).
Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid
HUGE difference

Obviously no E+ but the pitch on CR2 is pathetic, much worse than CR7 (IIRC 29 or 30").... .
UA posts 31" pitch for CR2 and 30" in E- for CR7 and 34" in E+
Old Aug 10, 2022, 7:36 pm

And yet, one is referred to as The Devil's Chariot, and the other is not. It's been a while since I sat in either, but I don't recall praying to be put out of my misery on CR7 ..... moreover, IIRC CRJ does not recline .... due to nonexistent pitch I would have to assume.

My one and only trip on Spirit and AC Rouge airplanes were not as miserable as CRJ, and both have reputation as being kneecrushers.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 7:49 pm

And yet, one is referred to as The Devil's Chariot, and the other is not. It's been a while since I sat in either, but I don't recall praying to be put out of my misery on CR7 .....
E+ is the difference, it has been sometime I have not been in at least E+ (but no choice with CR2)

moreover, IIRC CRJ does not recline .....
That may be true for CR2, none mentioned on UA site. CR7 does but I rarely recline.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 1:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
1. There's E+ on the CR7 but not the CRJ
2. There's an exit row with extra legroom on the CR7 but not the CRJ
Old Aug 13, 2022, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
1. There's E+ on the CR7 but not the CRJ
2. There's an exit row with extra legroom on the CR7 but not the CRJ
Actually ...... It may only be an inch or two, but there IS extra legroom in CRJ's exit row.
Old May 24, 2023, 9:29 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
CRJ700 overhead

Ok all….been a bit since I’ve been on a CRJ700. Do they fit roller bags in the overhead.

Reason I’m asking is I have a 45 min connection at SFO and if I have to valet/gate check bag I’m going to just check it in as I don’t want to be waiting on my bag and watch my 773 fly away with my flatbed seat and me not in it. 😀

Last edited by PhillyPhlyer40; May 24, 2023 at 9:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.