Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Wrongly Denied access to UC at ORD? - UA *G intl partner flight without MP account

Wrongly Denied access to UC at ORD? - UA *G intl partner flight without MP account

Old May 12, 2023, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United

On an award 016 ticket to FRA with platinum benefis and being told that I have to be gold status at Lufthansa to use the lounge. The flight to FRA happens to be on Lufthansa.

​​​​​How does this make sense? Gold+international always worked for me before.
Old May 12, 2023, 2:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!. chicitip
Originally Posted by chicitip
On an award 016 ticket to FRA with platinum benefis and being told that I have to be gold status at Lufthansa to use the lounge. The flight to FRA happens to be on Lufthansa.

​​​​​How does this make sense? Gold+international always worked for me before.
Which lounge?
Polaris Lounge, *G alone is not eligible, needs to be business class
United Club, yes you are eligible as an UA Gold or higher on an international ticket, either award / cash. Potentially a rookie agent, try again.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old May 12, 2023, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Yes, united club at the Lufthansa end B16-18. Both of them were adamant about it and I only had a few minutes so moved on but the level of smartsplaining was a bit off the chart, while clearly the boarding pass didn't show my *G on the boarding pass and the platinum card wasn't enough for them.
Old May 12, 2023, 3:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
That's pretty bad.

You should write this in to customer care, there is a serious need for some retraining.
Old May 12, 2023, 3:16 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Yes, united club at the Lufthansa end B16-18. Both of them were adamant about it and I only had a few minutes so moved on but the level of smartsplaining was a bit off the chart, while clearly the boarding pass didn't show my *G on the boarding pass and the platinum card wasn't enough for them.
So you BP did not show *G, that's a problem. You showed you virtual UA Plat card?

Some agents will (improperly) deny access if the BP doe not have a *G account used (like your UA MP account). They should have taken the card
Artpen100 and DiamondMile like this.
Old May 12, 2023, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Yes neither the emailed BP or the BP in the L app shows status.
So, I thought, easy you're united, I'm with united you can just figure it out but no. I show the plat card in the United app and that's where the fun stuff started:

It not united money, it's lufthansa you're on so you need gold status with them. I simply said you gold is *a not individual airlines. And yes I have it.

Plus this is not Lufthansa money as I am on 016 ticket

They confirmed all that and still went on:

You know it's like buying in two different stores and so on

I said they look too busy and I don't want miss my flight and juat went to fill my water somewhere else

But yea, seems all kinds of stupid.
Old May 12, 2023, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
A bit difficult to read, but I'd be more concerned about BP missing mileage number. I would have gotten that fixed first to avoid dealing with missing mileage credit.

Sounds like the agent wasn't very knowledgeable with entry requirements either.
Old May 12, 2023, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by hirohito888
A bit difficult to read, but I'd be more concerned about BP missing mileage number. I would have gotten that fixed first to avoid dealing with missing mileage credit.
It is an award flight operated by LH. There will be no mileage credit.
Old May 12, 2023, 5:40 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards

What mileage credit would one get on an award ticket on LH metal?
Old May 12, 2023, 6:11 pm

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by hhdl
What mileage credit would one get on an award ticket on LH metal?
I recall BMI Diamond Club crediting for award tickets
Old May 12, 2023, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I recall BMI Diamond Club crediting for award tickets
I am sure UA still lets you add your old BD FQTV#

pretty bad for ORD . Almost hard to believe they a ton of SAGs in Y every day
Old May 12, 2023, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM, AA Gold, MR Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond
For whatever it's worth, my *G status NEVER transfers to an OA award ticket issued by United. I always have to call the operating carrier to add the number. I was told a few years back by a UA rep that they block it intentionally, but I have no idea whether that was indeed true or someone making something up. Nevertheless, it's been over a decade since my UA status has carried over onto an award operated by another *A carrier.
Old May 12, 2023, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FormerLurker
For whatever it's worth, my *G status NEVER transfers to an OA award ticket issued by United. I always have to call the operating carrier to add the number. I was told a few years back by a UA rep that they block it intentionally, but I have no idea whether that was indeed true or someone making something up. Nevertheless, it's been over a decade since my UA status has carried over onto an award operated by another *A carrier.
I'm surprised. I fly award tickets all the time and my number often carries over when booked with UA and when it does not I can add it on the website for just about any carrier (LH, OS, LX, TP, SK, TK, NH, BR, TG, etc)
Old May 12, 2023, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by FormerLurker
I don't think that's true, I flew 016 award tickets on TG and TK in the last 6 months and my UA*G was added at booking. I never had to manually add it.
Old May 13, 2023, 12:15 am
Original Poster

You're right the systems didn't assign my milage number and that's probably where the loop starts.

But still if those were United agents, I am a bit surprised. Is it possible that the front greeters are from LH given that LHs were departing at the time?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.