Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Retro-posting UA Lifetime flight miles-former 1K moving back to MP from SAS EuroBonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Retro-posting UA Lifetime flight miles-former 1K moving back to MP from SAS EuroBonus

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2024, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Chasing it may be a fools game, but having it certainly is not.
Agree, I don't fly anywhere near as much as I did before but knowing I can get free checked bags and better seats at booking when I do need to fly UA is a lot better than not being a UA million miler.
SPN Lifer, UA_Flyer and JimInOhio like this.
Old May 14, 2024, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
In my 20s, some of my UA MM was earned while flying Northwest, Delta, KLM, Qatar and even Emirates and Virgin. Them were the rules at the time.

At the same time, my rare United flights (starting with CNZ mistake fare for those who remember) were credited to BMI Diamond Club which at the time had the best value redemptions across Star. I'd never expect United to retro me those flights.

This request is just bizzare.

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Well, I don’t know about others, but for me it was a way to get off the UA requalification treadmill and to be able to direct spend to other airlines as a free agent where it benefited me more (better schedule, better earnings, ….). .
Agree. Its been quite refreshing.
notquiteaff and escapefromphl like this.
Old May 14, 2024, 8:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rankourabu
In my 20s, some of my UA MM was earned while flying Northwest, Delta, KLM, Qatar and even Emirates and Virgin. Them were the rules at the time......
Rules for CO and grandfathered at the merger. UA has always been UA metal only (except for a partial attempt equalize the past.)
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 5:03 am

Programs: UA GS, *G, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Platinum on Blockbuster, GameStop, several library cards
Fascinating. I'm in the "no way" camp, since the benefit to UA seems to small for the cost and complexity of entertaining this, but I'd love to hear how it went. Miracles do happen.
Old May 15, 2024, 5:26 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by lessthanzero
Miracles do happen.
They will probably just reply that the miles have already been credited to SAS, so there is nothing they can do.
roberto99 and SPN Lifer like this.
Old May 15, 2024, 8:24 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by jsloan

That said, I emphatically agree with the point that UA has been trying, for years, to get rid of low-yield customers. It strains credulity to think that they would go out of their way to give an incentive to lure people back into MP in the way OP desires.
Well, when it suits their needs, UA is happy to sell low fares. It just suits their needs far less frequently now. They have certainly adjusted the rewards and benefits of Mileage Plus to be more rewarding of higher fares and much less so for low fares.

Originally Posted by SS255
UA has proven to be very creative in monetizing their product. The OP raises a very interesting question. I would fully expect UA to say no. But, what if UA would be willing to sell the BIS miles back to customers who had credit their UA metal flights to another program or flew on award tickets? I credited all of my UA metal flights to US from about 2002 - 2008, after which I switched my loyalty to CO. I have been suffering from buyers remorse ever since the CO-UA merger. I mourned the loss of those UA BIS miles (I have no idea how many). I dont know that I would be willing to buy them and my miles flown on award travel back if UA were willing to sell them to me. But, I know that I would like to have the option!!
I cannot think of any way UA could know what UA flights we took that were credited to another program. I cannot conceive of UA agreeing to the very concept of this, but even if they wanted to, how could they?

Fascinating. I'm in the "no way" camp, since the benefit to UA seems to small for the cost and complexity of entertaining this, but I'd love to hear how it went. Miracles do happen.
Absolutely no benefit to UA to attempt this. And no competitive pressure to do so, either.
roberto99 and SPN Lifer like this.
Old May 17, 2024, 8:05 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
I divorced you for a better offer six years ago. Id like to come back to you and can we assume those six years count on our marriage timeline?. Im so sorry I was wrong.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
classic
the first time I was asked how long I was married, and then a follow up to the same person? I realised there was a cultural gap between NY and CA

Originally Posted by Kacee
Sorry, neither the universe nor UA offers do-overs on demand.
instant job offer in EWR customer service .

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 17, 2024 at 9:42 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old May 17, 2024, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
This entire thread is an excellent example of FlyerTalker hypothetical creativity.
uanj likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 10:13 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
This entire thread is an excellent example of FlyerTalker hypothetical creativity.
OK, but creativity bordering on fantasy. Just not happening.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Miracles do happen.
I would put it lessthanzero

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.