Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Issue transferring Sapphire points to United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2024, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

I've been trying for 2 days to transfer pts from Chase Sapphire to UA. Have tried 8 times...even had Chase rep do it... First I receive an email saying it's being processed and then immediately get another one saying there is a problem. It says the following. I've been transferring points for years, same accounts, same name, etc. Anyone have any idea? Chase is telling me it must be something on United's end, United is telling me they have nothing to do w/transferring points. ??

The name or membership ID may not have matched the information on file with the frequent travel program, or

The point transfer request was identified as ineligible to process

If you have questions, please call the number on the back of your card or check your rewards balance now.

What Happened

Old May 9, 2024, 6:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Do the names match exactly?
Old May 9, 2024, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Do the names match exactly?
Yes. It makes no sense. I just transferred points about 5 weeks ago, and just yesterday I transferred from my boyfriend's Sapphire acct to my United account...no issues. I've called both Chase and United about 4 times, and no one has an answer. I've had both accounts for years. Chase said they'll escalate it. Really frustrated.
Old May 10, 2024, 1:23 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
If you call UA again, ask to be transferred to Web Support who may be able to help given they have access to more digital tools and also the ability to work directly with Chase technical support team.
Old May 10, 2024, 8:44 am

Programs: None - previously UA
The cause of this sort of thing is typically some certificate that's become invalid. Try logging out on the web site & app, clearing cookies and logging in again. If you can get it to do the challenge where you re-enter a one-time code, that usually means the certificate is re-issued.
Old May 10, 2024, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
The cause of this sort of thing is typically some certificate that's become invalid. Try logging out on the web site & app, clearing cookies and logging in again. If you can get it to do the challenge where you re-enter a one-time code, that usually means the certificate is re-issued.
Thanks, but I don't think that's it b/c Chase has tried to do it at least 3 times... Will try calling Web Support. This is nuts.
Old May 10, 2024, 11:28 am

Always an issue for me

I've repeatedly had this issue transferring from Chase to United. Sometimes it takes up to a week. Just be patient.
Old May 10, 2024, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1KNYC
I've repeatedly had this issue transferring from Chase to United. Sometimes it takes up to a week. Just be patient.
No...mine won't even go through. I get an immediate message saying there was a problem with your transfer. I'm on the phone w/United now.

The plot thickens... I was able to transfer from my Sapphire account to my boyfriend's and then from his to my UA account...no problem. They hit right away.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 10, 2024 at 1:34 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.