Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing flight with MUA

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2024, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (PLT) / CO (because I fly non-stop SFO-CDG on Air France) / UA (sometimes)
Changing flight with MUA

Hi, the price of our flight (in Y) has gone down enough that it makes sense for me to rebook ($3500 for 4 tickets vs $4100). I have MUA upgrade requests for all 4 tickets (waitlisted, 80k + $1700). Do I need to cancel the MUA (call customer service) and then change the reservation? And then put it another request for the upgrades after I’ve rebooked on the same flight?

thanks!!
Old May 2, 2024, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I don't have experience doing this, but I think what you can do is cancel your existing reservation for a FFC, with the miles and copay hopefully automatically refunded, book a new reservation using the FFC, and then reapply the miles and copay. You can't "change" to the same flight you're already on; you must cancel and rebook.
Old May 3, 2024, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
As long as the new ticket does not require different miles/co-pay an experienced agent should be able to simply carry this over while generating an FFC for the difference in fare. You'll probably want to call to make this change rather than attempting it online.
gene2632 and VRFast like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.