Wiki Posts
Search

Dining - Newark Concourse C

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Dining - Newark Concourse C

Hey United folks,

I need your expertise on Newark Concourse C. Are there some decent table-service restaurants you can recommend at Concourse C? I'm not interested in the food court (Global Bazaar?) or that hush hush so-called "exclusive" restaurant (I don't know the name of it, but it just sounds like a wankish concept to me). I just want a relatively quiet restaurant to have breakfast at 7am and to hang out for next 3h before my United domestic flight. I'm looking more for an iHop or Denny's vibe. Something old fashioned and reassuring. Nothing too fancy. Is the Garden State Diner open at Concourse C? I've been watching several YouTube walk through videos of Concourse C, but none of them seem to show the Garden State Diner in their walk throughs. Appreciate your thoughts.

Moderators: I can't find a Flyertalk airport forum page so I've just landed the question here seeing is EWR is a United hub. Please accept my apologies and assign this post to the correct forum, if there is one.

Context: I'm coming off the SQ SIN/EWR service in J that morning, but I'm not Star Alliance Gold (not yet anyway). Star Alliance lounge access rules are a little more restrictive. Been a BA OWE for over a decade so I'm more familiar with JFK or DFW and never had to worry about finding a place to hang out before my AA domestic flights!
Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:27 am

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by TheRealBabushka
Hey United folks,

I need your expertise on Newark Concourse C. Are there some decent table-service restaurants you can recommend at Concourse C? I'm not interested in the food court (Global Bazaar?) or that hush hush so-called "exclusive" restaurant (I don't know the name of it, but it just sounds like a wankish concept to me). I just want a relatively quiet restaurant to have breakfast at 7am and to hang out for next 3h before my United domestic flight. I'm looking more for an iHop or Denny's vibe. Something old fashioned and reassuring. Nothing too fancy. Is the Garden State Diner open at Concourse C? I've been watching several YouTube walk through videos of Concourse C, but none of them seem to show the Garden State Diner in their walk throughs. Appreciate your thoughts.

Moderators: I can't find a Flyertalk airport forum page so I've just landed the question here seeing is EWR is a United hub. Please accept my apologies and assign this post to the correct forum, if there is one.

Context: I'm coming off the SQ SIN/EWR service in J that morning, but I'm not Star Alliance Gold (not yet anyway). Star Alliance lounge access rules are a little more restrictive. Been a BA OWE for over a decade so I'm more familiar with JFK or DFW and never had to worry about finding a place to hang out before my AA domestic flights!
Gate 109,

non-OTG EWR options
TheRealBabushka likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ryman554
Fantastic! Thanks so much for confirming!

I was corroborating your response and found the EWR maps website, which is rather good. https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/airport-maps
Serves me right for relying on patchy YouTube content! Cheers.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM
There isn't much too fancy at EWR terminal C, regardless. Garden State Diner is still there and is along the lines of what you're looking for.

If you or someone else is reading this thread and is looking for breakfast at a non-diner, the only time I went to Abruzzo was for breakfast. It was a random drop-in, but I have to say I thought the breakfast was really good.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM

I was corroborating your response and found the EWR maps website, which is rather good. https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/airport-maps
I will just go out of my way to eat anywhere other than that, horrible OTG experience.

Too bad you have to walk to the end of the C-2 pier to find anything..... Because other choices are Dunkin or Wendy's!
Old Mar 18, 2024, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry

Originally Posted by ryman554
I will just go out of my way to eat anywhere other than that, horrible OTG experience.

Too bad you have to walk to the end of the C-2 pier to find anything..... Because other choices are Dunkin or Wendy's!

And with that much time, you can kill some by riding the terminal transfer bus over to Terminal A and getting out from OTG altogether. Though I haven't spent enough time in A to know much about any of the food vendors.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Platinum Preferred
Originally Posted by threecap
There isn't much too fancy at EWR terminal C, regardless. Garden State Diner is still there and is along the lines of what you're looking for.

If you or someone else is reading this thread and is looking for breakfast at a non-diner, the only time I went to Abruzzo was for breakfast. It was a random drop-in, but I have to say I thought the breakfast was really good.
I actually look forward to eating the Garden State Diner. It is hard to find a good American breakfast at an airport. The only downside is there is not a ton of space if you have bags. The tables are fairly tight. But the food is consistently good, the service is usually quick, and the prices are not bad for airport food.
SPN Lifer and TheRealBabushka like this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
There are sit down options as soon as you reach concourse 3 of Terminal C, near gate 120 and C3 exit.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 4:38 am
Original Poster

OMG. Just got to the Garden State Diner. Love the vibe! It reminds me of the Prime Time Diner at Disney World! Good 50s/60s music. What a lovely place to kill a few hours. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!
Old Apr 10, 2024, 6:44 am

Programs: AADULtArer
OMG. Just got to the Garden State Diner. Love the vibe! It reminds me of the Prime Time Diner at Disney World! Good 50s/60s music. What a lovely place to kill a few hours. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!
Its pretty good, Eat hearty, and enjoy your flight!
Old Apr 10, 2024, 9:05 am

Programs: UA
Good to know. Even with lounge access sometimes I want a traditional breakfast meal.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 10:27 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
They were using disposable plates, cups, and flatware during the pandemic, maybe they still are. The clinking and clanging of dishes where noticeably absent in the diner environment. Strange that I actually missed it.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 11:43 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Now that you say that …. Thinking I may hit the Pompton Queen for dinner tonight. Best diner around.

(long live Jersey!)
Taylor Ham, Egg, and Cheese on a roll in the EWR C-3 United Club is pretty good!!!
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
I need your expertise on Newark Concourse C. Are there some decent table-service restaurants you can recommend at Concourse C? I'm not interested in the food court (Global Bazaar?) or that hush hush so-called "exclusive" restaurant (I don't know the name of it, but it just sounds like a wankish concept to me).
It's called "Classified" and I like it a lot. Sit down restaurant, away from the Great Unwashed (an LOUD), 20% discount if you have any co-branded Chase card (which you only need to have; you don't need to pay with it), AND you can pay with points (not at a great redemption rate, but I view points as a continuously renewable recourse.) If that's "wankish" I'll take it.

I just want a relatively quiet restaurant to have breakfast at 7am and to hang out for next 3h before my United domestic flight. I'm looking more for an iHop or Denny's vibe. Something old fashioned and reassuring. Nothing too fancy. Is the Garden State Diner open at Concourse C? I've been watching several YouTube walk through videos of Concourse C, but none of them seem to show the Garden State Diner in their walk throughs. Appreciate your thoughts.
Yes there is a Garden State Diner. It's what you want. Saison also fits your description although it will be higher-end (but sit down and relatively quiet.)

O/H
SPN Lifer and narvik like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.