Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Advice on upgrading kids with Spouses pluspoints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on upgrading kids with Spouses pluspoints

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2024, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Question Advice on upgrading kids with Spouses pluspoints

I have two reservations Newark to London this summer. I booked one for my wife and I in Polaris, and one for the three 20 something daughters in economy. I then waitlisted them for premium economy. If they clear both ways I don't have enough plus points. But my wife does. I was just trying to figure out what my options might be to use her points? Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 6:24 am

Programs: *
Just remove the upgrade waitlist (may need to call) and then then have your wife go into her account and apply the PP to your daughter's reservations.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by simonmason
I have two reservations Newark to London this summer. I booked one for my wife and I in Polaris, and one for the three 20 something daughters in economy. I then waitlisted them for premium economy. If they clear both ways I don't have enough plus points. But my wife does. I was just trying to figure out what my options might be to use her points? Thanks.
You should be able to cancel the upgrade request(s) from the “View upgrades” link in the MileagePlus section of your Account in the United app. You’ll see a “Cancel upgrade” link below each waitlisted request. Then just have your wife add each confirmation number to her account and request the upgrade with her PP.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 1:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ani90
Just remove the upgrade waitlist (may need to call) and then then have your wife go into her account and apply the PP to your daughter's reservations.
Those receiving PlusPoints from a different person will need to be on a different PNR. Only one member can apply for upgrades for those on a PNR and all on the PNR must be supported by the same member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.