Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Calls to united not connecting (blocked?) {Tmobile issue - resolved}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2024, 11:29 am
Original Poster

This morning is off to a rough start. I learned I needed to make a quick trip from HNL to the Midwest. I found a last minute cheap ticket via EWR but when I tried to book, I got a credit card processing error. I went back to re-try,and noticed the ticket was also available at a discounted mileage redemption rate, so I booked that and put taxes on a different card. That processed OK.

A few minutes later, I see both tickets in my profile, and I got a duplicate booking email. So I picked up my iphone to call UA. As usual, the system recognized me, I confirmed I wanted 'representative', and then I sat through the painful 30 second pitch to take a survey. After all that, just as a human was about to pick up the call was cut. I thought it was a bad connection. So I tried again, and then again, and again. 6x, same result. I called from my wife's Android, and I connected normally. Does this sound like an issue with my iphone, or with United???

Just to make matters worse, upon checking in I learned that the flight from EWR is delayed at least 6 hours. I'm misconnecting. Appears inbound had to return to gate. Any FT'ers onboard???

--------------

Editing to add:RESOLVED. Tmobile re-set the network settings. Meanwhile the inbound flight from EWR is now delayed 13 hours. I bailed and moved to a flight via OGG and ORD

Last edited by Wx4caster; Feb 15, 2024 at 4:02 pm Reason: updating
Old Feb 16, 2024, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
With regard to duplicate bookings. If the purpose of the call was to cancel one of them, you could have done that online/via the app and avoided the call altogether. You would get a full refund as it was under 24 hours from time of booking.
ContinentalFan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.