Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2024 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Worldwide) & Premium Plus (Domestic)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Worldwide) & Premium Plus (Domestic)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 4:43 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Originally Posted by sonyeoshin
Strange that other way (Europe-SFO/LAX) still gets reduced breakfast despite longer flight time. Although I think the reason is to simplify catering at outstations by a bit, so all Y breakfast offerings would be the same.
By "breakfast" I assume you mean pre-arrival meal as there is no breakfast served on any Europe-SFO/LAX flight.

The pre-arrival meal on those flights is larger than that to IAD/EWR/ORD/IAH/DEN. Europe-SFO/LAX gets the same hot sandwich type snack that the other flights get, but it's served on a tray with a fruit bowl and a bag of chips/cookies/chocolate.
hhdl likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by CLT
By "breakfast" I assume you mean pre-arrival meal as there is no breakfast served on any Europe-SFO/LAX flight.

The pre-arrival meal on those flights is larger than that to IAD/EWR/ORD/IAH/DEN. Europe-SFO/LAX gets the same hot sandwich type snack that the other flights get, but it's served on a tray with a fruit bowl and a bag of chips/cookies/chocolate.
That was what I was referring. Someone I know was on LHR-SFO last year and was not a fan of the hot pocket sandwich served. Although nice that the meal is more substantial.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA

Ewr-fco in January, butter chicken 10/10

Ewr-fco veg option, penne pasta 2/10

Ewr-fco breakfast sandwich, 7/10

Bob burger ewr/lax, 7/10

Fco-ewr, chicken with risotto 9/10

Biscuits and gravy is back (along with cacio e pepe), mine was extremely overcooked but still a 6/10, I'd imagine it as 8/10 if it was heated correctly
Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang

Ewr-fco in January, butter chicken 10/10
That butter chicken is fantastic. Had it EWR-BCN last month and I felt like I was better off than the people in Polaris.
thejaredhuang and choch345 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:15 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
So I am in PremiumPlus on Thursday and have been looking high and low for the pre-order area, both app and web amd cannot find a link anywhere. I also normally receive an email and have received nothing.

Has United removed pre-ordering for TATL meals in PremiumPlus?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
So I am in PremiumPlus on Thursday and have been looking high and low for the pre-order area, both app and web amd cannot find a link anywhere. I also normally receive an email and have received nothing.

Has United removed pre-ordering for TATL meals in PremiumPlus?
It’s possible I’m wrong, but I don’t think there’s ever been pre-ordering for Premium Plus. Only for Polaris.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KabAir
That butter chicken is fantastic. Had it EWR-BCN last month and I felt like I was better off than the people in Polaris.
+1 I do like that one a lot! I've had it catered out of DEN and SFO too — great each time.
choch345 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA

Forgot to upload fco-ewr arrival, I think chicken pesto. 7/10
WheelsUpGal and GourmetFlyer like this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:38 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by KabAir
It’s possible I’m wrong, but I don’t think there’s ever been pre-ordering for Premium Plus. Only for Polaris.
Ah, I must admit i am usually in Polaris. However, i also get pre-ordering in economy domestically so assumed there was pre ordering for all cabins internationally. I mean surely that would.make sense for catering. My bad.

Thank you for responding.
KabAir likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Ah, I must admit i am usually in Polaris. However, i also get pre-ordering in economy domestically so assumed there was pre ordering for all cabins internationally. I mean surely that would.make sense for catering. My bad.

Thank you for responding.
The economy pre-order is kind of defunct. For example, it presents only a subset of the actual options onboard. The only really fully functioning preorder systems are for F dom / J intl. (I won't go on my usual rant about how those have implemented vis a vis the catering allocations.)

There's a P+ intl thread, by the way.
2024 Let's Eat - United Premium Plus (International)
😉
Aussienarelle and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Gold

Forgot to upload fco-ewr arrival, I think chicken pesto. 7/10
This is one of my favorite UA pre-arrival snacks on a relatively short transatlantic flight. I think you had the pesto. I had the marinara version on my trip from LIS to EWR.

thejaredhuang likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GourmetFlyer
This is one of my favorite UA pre-arrival snacks on a relatively short transatlantic flight. I think you had the pesto. I had the marinara version on my trip from LIS to EWR.

img
That one is the FA preference. I agree, it is a pretty good snack. Step above the old turkey gouda sandwich, which was my previous fav.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:22 pm

got an overnight flight to Madrid in a few weeks. I know they'll be serving dinner there.

Last time I took an overnight (EWR-LHR), I got a spinach ravioli. Curious what I get this time. I am a vegetarian. Wondering if I should skip the food or not. Decisions.....
Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:34 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)

Fco-ewr, chicken with risotto 9/10
This dish is actually pretty good - I think the full dish is called "Pesto Chicken with Ratatouille and Mushroom Risotto." Far and away better than anything UA serves up front domestically IMO.

That salad looks vile however.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Flying to MEX (from ORD) and back (To SFO), and notice that both flights specifically say ‘snacks’ for purchase. Is this correct - they don’t have fresh food for purchase on these flights? Seems strange if they’d only offer the boxes vs. the wraps, etc. especially to SFO which is what, almost 5 hours?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.