Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Email: Surprise Next Week: Surprise Flight Deals Every Day

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry

Ready to make 2024 your best travel year yet? Just keep an eye on your United app starting January 8. Each day from Monday through Friday (January 8-12), we'll unlock a 24-hour MileagePlus® award sale to a different international destination.

Check back every day next week to see what surprise adventure could be in store for you in 2024.
Be interesting to see which destinations, and at what level of discount.
​​​​​​​I would bet it is only economy though.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Remember back in the day when airlines had weekly last-minute super-discounted fares to random places?

Pepperidge Farms remembers...
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Remember back in the day when airlines had weekly last-minute super-discounted fares to random places?

I also remember. Did atleast 3 trips to totally random places, booking flgihts for the next day. Ahh, the pre kids life. Never understood why this was discontinued
iapetus likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
To an international destination "from anywhere"? Or only from certain cities?

-RM

Last edited by RobOnLI; Jan 4, 2024 at 1:25 pm
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
To an international destination "from 6anywhere"? Or only from certain cities?
You'll have to wait and see like the rest of us.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You'll have to wait and see like the rest of us.
Fine. But that just sounds so pedestrian

-RM
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by pseudoswede

Ahhh yes.... E fares!

I remember patiently waiting for the list to populate like on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120216...ww.united.com/
(its in the heading of "news and deals"

Never understood why this was discontinued
There started to be "less" value in them, I wonder if BE ultimately swallowed up the program/moniker

Originally Posted by azfanboy
Ahh, the pre kids life.
Don't worry, before you know it they will be 18
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Please, please, please ... some business class deals as well
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
Please, please, please ... some business class deals as well
Heh. You're funny!

Likely not related to this sale, but flight to Australia are currently available available for as low as 36.8K miles in economy for numerous dates. This is the lowest I've ever seen for flights to AU outside of a few specific sales where I think they were slightly lower for a very short period of time. Even over chrismas/new year they were going for sub-40K miles which is unheard of for that time of year!
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:45 pm

Emails/Press releases might be going out to bloggers sooner. Lets see who breaks it first.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by docbert
Heh. You're funny!

Likely not related to this sale, but flight to Australia are currently available available for as low as 36.8K miles in economy for numerous dates. This is the lowest I've ever seen for flights to AU outside of a few specific sales where I think they were slightly lower for a very short period of time. Even over chrismas/new year they were going for sub-40K miles which is unheard of for that time of year!
I wonder if they're offering $375 buy-ups to PremPlus. If so then 80 PlusPoints becomes a no-brainer.

-RM
Old Jan 4, 2024, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I wonder if they're offering $375 buy-ups to PremPlus. If so then 80 PlusPoints becomes a no-brainer.
$300! I posted about it over here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35867188-post1578.html

That was on a 39.6K economy seat SFO-BNE. I didn't see the price on the return as PP was filling up so I instead paid an extra ~30K miles to change to PP instead (70K total)
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
To an international destination "from anywhere"? Or only from certain cities?

-RM
My measuring stick is the $1500 roundtrips in First/BusinessFirst Honolulu (or any other non-hub UA domestic city) to Europe popping up for short times in 2013/2014.

I think the award equivalent must be about 30k miles - doubt we'll see that. I'll take 60K...
Old Jan 4, 2024, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Certain OZ will be one day, but E- is already discounted there so that may not amount to much. Prob mid winter to Europe too, northern cities that are cold as hell. Maybe China, of which i have nada interest.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Certain OZ will be one day, but E- is already discounted there so that may not amount to much. Prob mid winter to Europe too, northern cities that are cold as hell. Maybe China, of which i have nada interest.
United is doing discount for China flights, as low as 65K miles one-way in economy; a discount of ~50%, but the duration of the trip is as long as 38 hours, instead of ~24 h with the regular price of 123.6K miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.