Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA-Schedule changes {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2022, 10:39 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Into December too. I had flights updated tonight as far out as Dec 10th.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Into December too. I had flights updated tonight as far out as Dec 10th.
I had one to GRU in October and one from SCL in November minor changes though
Old Aug 6, 2022, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by QTFLYER
For Nov I've had a schedule change, departure time move to 22:50 rather than 23:25 SFO - AKL same arrivals time
781 --> 772 change for me. Maybe that also caused the change in schedule?
Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
781 --> 772 change for me. Maybe that also caused the change in schedule?
Yes ac change too. moved from 781 to 772. Also my flight from LHR to SFO has changed from a 789 to 772
Old Aug 13, 2022, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got January changes last night. Luckily BOS-SFO still showing as 752.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Got January changes last night. Luckily BOS-SFO still showing as 752.
They've been changing it to the 7M9 about four months out consistently. Let's hope it sticks this time!
Old Aug 14, 2022, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wxguy
They've been changing it to the 7M9 about four months out consistently. Let's hope it sticks this time!
no, they haven't. Most recent changes were to a mix of 73M and 752 for BOS-SFO beginning later this year.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
no, they haven't. Most recent changes were to a mix of 73M and 752 for BOS-SFO beginning later this year.
I have a trip for early October, initially 752 then flipped to 7M9 then back to 752 and now back to 7M9. Fingers crossed the 752s come back to stay!
Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM
I do business (and look for new businesses) mostly in secondary and tertiary US cities -- can anyone with an insider's understanding of scheduling/route decisions explain to me why United hasn't brought back a number of regional routes from EWR that they previously ran, even during COVID?

I believe EWR direct service to/from XNA was stopped in April 2022 and was slated to come back in late September. But I haven't seen it added back yet in any future month.

PNS was cut as a direct route to/from EWR with COVID. UA also cut the ORD-PNS route in Jan 2021 but it has returned.

I'm using PNS and XNA as examples because both currently have direct service to/from DEN, ORD and IAH but not EWR (and selfishly because I need to travel to both, haha). Should we expect more direct regional routes from EWR if/when the labor shortage eases up? I'm sure profitability also plays a role, but it feels like between the beaches/military bases near PNS and Walmart/Ozarks in XNA, these are decent business-leisure combo destinations which helps demand, am I wrong? Does Terminal A's opening and available UA gates at EWR play a role in this, since so many regional routes used to use the old Terminal A?

Thank in advance for any insider views on whether/when I can expect to see these routes return to the EWR route map...

(Obligatory hopefully the schedule thread is the appropriate place for this question...)
Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by threecap
can anyone with an insider's understanding of scheduling/route decisions explain to me why United hasn't brought back a number of regional routes from EWR that they previously ran, even during COVID?
I'm not an insider, but the answer seems obvious to me. EWR has been slammed all summer, and UA announced that they were cutting flights in order to try to reduce the frequency of delays. (So, imagine how much worse it would be if they had a bunch more flights).

I doubt that they would be adding new service to tertiary US destinations until they can handle their existing EWR flight load.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by threecap
I do business (and look for new businesses) mostly in secondary and tertiary US cities -- can anyone with an insider's understanding of scheduling/route decisions explain to me why United hasn't brought back a number of regional routes from EWR that they previously ran, even during COVID?

I believe EWR direct service to/from XNA was stopped in April 2022 and was slated to come back in late September. But I haven't seen it added back yet in any future month.

PNS was cut as a direct route to/from EWR with COVID. UA also cut the ORD-PNS route in Jan 2021 but it has returned.

I'm using PNS and XNA as examples because both currently have direct service to/from DEN, ORD and IAH but not EWR (and selfishly because I need to travel to both, haha). Should we expect more direct regional routes from EWR if/when the labor shortage eases up? I'm sure profitability also plays a role, but it feels like between the beaches/military bases near PNS and Walmart/Ozarks in XNA, these are decent business-leisure combo destinations which helps demand, am I wrong? Does Terminal A's opening and available UA gates at EWR play a role in this, since so many regional routes used to use the old Terminal A?

Thank in advance for any insider views on whether/when I can expect to see these routes return to the EWR route map...

(Obligatory hopefully the schedule thread is the appropriate place for this question...)
The solution is easy. Fly Delta, as there are services for both (XNA / PNS) ex-LGA.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA
I had a change this weekend on an OMA-SFO flight in October, downgraded to an A319 to an E175, the latter making more sense on the route. Hopefully this flight resuming actually sticks this time. Looks like it is scheduled to resume on 9/7 now.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by DFWFairy
Noticed a schedule change on the second segment of HNL-EWR-YUL in September, booked in P. Instead of waiting 3 hours at EWR, now it's 8.5 hours on United Express. There is an earlier flight on AC, could I request that change or no?
Yes. If HNL-IAD-YUL or HNL-ORD-YUL looks better in terms of timing, aircraft or seat availability, particularly if all on UA, you might be able to have UA switch you if you call in. The schedule change is a great impetus for this type of dialogue with UA.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
thanks for the suggestions.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM
Originally Posted by Repooc17
The solution is easy. Fly Delta, as there are services for both (XNA / PNS) ex-LGA.
I hear ya - I'm Diamond on DL because I do that. It takes me about 2.5x longer to get to LGA than EWR, so it's meaningful time advantage to go to EWR. And honestly I like UA a lot more than DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.