Wiki Posts
Search

UA systems ghost cancelling flights?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2023, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska / Hilton / Amtrak / Avis
UA systems ghost cancelling flights?

I went to check in to my flights yesterday, but the checkin process on the app and online said my flight (UA 2207) was cancelled, and I would have to reschedule. However, every flight status from every source said it was still on time. No notice from UA of a cancellation other than at checkin. After over an hour on the phone with an agent, they could not find the flight was cancelled, but also could not check me in. The agent finally booked me on a later “sold out” flight for 4 and a half hours later today.

Lo and behold, the original flight went out as scheduled (early even!) half full. My later flight is not only sardines and less convenient timing, but I’ve had to cancel plans at my destination.

What is going on? Has this happened to anyone else?
Old Nov 29, 2023, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Which leg were you on? 2207 does multiple daily flights.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 9:35 am
Original Poster

The SMF ORD leg.

Now this flight, UA 1833 out of SMF is oversold and they offered people $1,000 right off the bat to take a later flight.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 29, 2023 at 11:04 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Nov 29, 2023, 11:14 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Fat finger / accidental cancellation ??? -- been known to happen
Old Nov 29, 2023, 11:29 am
Original Poster

From an agent? Maybe? I hadn’t cancelled, but I did reschedule it from the same flight a day earlier. Seems like a glitch of some kind. I did get upgraded on both flights today, though, so that’s not too bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.