Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Connecting flight with same flight number only grants 1 PQF? Glitch or intentional?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting flight with same flight number only grants 1 PQF? Glitch or intentional?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2024, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Shitdealz (Post # 15)
Had this happen to me this past weekend. The chat in the app said I was entitled to only 1 PQF because of bs reasons. I emailed the customer support email and they credited me the missing PQF after a couple days. So, don't both[er] with the in app chat, go straight to the support email
Welcome to FlyerTalk! Good to hear you were able to get the second PQF for a two-segment "direct" flight by e-mailing customer support.
Old Today, 1:02 pm

Booked an UA award ticket (XN) that showed 3 stops (maximing PQF), however, the first 2 flights have same flight number and earning summary only shows 3 PQF?
Is this considered a through-flight and will I only earn 3 PQF despite taking 4 flights on different equipment? I believe I recently read somewhere it will now credit 4 PQF?
Thank you.
For the curious, the routing is:

AUS IAH (UA 1407)
IAH MSY (UA 1407)
MSY EWR (UA 1966)
EWR BER (UA 962)

To add more confusion, when I click on Flight Status for AUS IAH I rank on the Upgrade list, and it does show flight number 1407.
When I click on Flight Status for IAH MSY, it shows me the same flight number but I do not appear on the upgrade list.

Last edited by FTDDD; Today at 1:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.