Search

HNL check-in cutoff

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2023, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
HNL check-in cutoff

Dear UA FTers,
Quick question regarding HNL check-in cutoff times. I just check the UA website regarding HNL check-in times and found the following:
With checked bags: 30 minutes
Without checked bags: 45 minutes
International flights: 75 minutes
While I would be perfectly happy with that and I do not intend to push the limits I was just curious why the check-in deadline without a checked bag is early than checking in a bag. Can anyone elaborate what's going on here?
Thanks in advance,
totti

@MoDs: I did a quick search but could not find an appropriate thread. Apologies if I should have posted elsewhere.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I wonder if UA has the two reversed?
Repooc17, SPN Lifer, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by totti
Dear UA FTers,
Quick question regarding HNL check-in cutoff times. I just check the UA website regarding HNL check-in times and found the following:

While I would be perfectly happy with that and I do not intend to push the limits I was just curious why the check-in deadline without a checked bag is early than checking in a bag. Can anyone elaborate what's going on here?
Thanks in advance,
totti

@MoDs: I did a quick search but could not find an appropriate thread. Apologies if I should have posted elsewhere.
Probably a copy writing error. The default cutoff for airports without exceptions: 30 w/o checked luggage and 45 with checked luggage.
SPN Lifer and totti like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.