Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Eurowings - Is it all all phantom inventory?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2023, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Northwest, United

I just had an award flight purchase error-out (right after transferring half a million Chase UR points to United...). After speaking with a CS agent, I was told they couldn't actually book the leg of my itinerary that's on Eurowings (EW). Agent said this happens all the time, and so sorry, it can't be fixed.

There are lots of United award itineraries that include one or more legs on Eurowings metal (Eurowings is a Lufthansa LCC partner).

Has anyone ever successfully booked an award itin that included a leg on Eurowings? Or is that all phantom inventory?
Old Oct 18, 2023, 6:09 am

UA agreement with Eurowings included interactive sell which means real time ticketing but does not have Seamless availability, which allows us to see real time inventory.

I would have to see your particular case but would guess that is the issue
Old Oct 19, 2023, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by runner450
UA agreement with Eurowings included interactive sell which means real time ticketing but does not have Seamless availability, which allows us to see real time inventory.

I would have to see your particular case but would guess that is the issue
PM sent with all the details. Appreciate any insights you can offer.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 12:51 pm

Programs: kettle emeritus, exDL GM .96MM, exUA PP, ex AS MVP
Had the same thing happen to me yesterday. Tried to book two J award tickets MCO-FRA-MUC-PRG for any day between 9/14/24 and 9/18/24. First flight is Eurowings. Website showed availability on each of those days. But when I tried to book it, website errored out. Called and was told by agent who could not see any availability on any of those days. Called several hours later and second agent told me the same thing.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Been able to book these in the past w/o any issues. Sounds like a recent (temporary?) glitch?
Old Oct 20, 2023, 3:54 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
I recently booked PHL-FRA for June

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.