Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Storing luggage items at Polaris lounge? (LAX)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2023, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K

I have a ~2 hour layover at LAX and would like to venture out and treat myself to some In-N-Out Burger instead of the usual lounge fare Will be landing and departing at T7 (LAX), which is where the Polaris lounge is located. Will they let me leave some (cabin size) luggage items in the lounge so I don't have to shlep them back through security? I seem to remember reading something about storage lockers in that lounge.
If not, is there another short-term luggage storage option in the vicinity that you could recommend?
Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2023, 7:36 pm

Probably not the reply you wanted, but I would get a Polaris burger and an adult beverage instead.
moondog, wcj1, roberto99 and 6 others like this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Mikity
...I seem to remember reading something about storage lockers in that lounge....
There are none.

In n Out is a mile out and back. If it's 2 hours landing to take off, that time is a bit short for a walk. Arrival is 7, but you'll clear at 6.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Sep 30, 2023 at 8:10 pm
Old Sep 30, 2023, 8:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
UCs and Polaris Lounges do not offer bag storage systemwide.

Consolidated "Luggage Storage at / near LAX" thread

LAX no longer has electronic lockers or oversize item storage service...

No on-site luggage storage at LAX, some off-site services that will meet you at the bag carousel
roberto99, SPN Lifer and Mikity like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 30, 2023 at 9:08 pm
Old Sep 30, 2023, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
In n Out is a mile out and back. If it's 2 hours landing to take off, that time is a bit short for a walk. Arrival is 7, but you'll clear at 6.
What about if a friend picked up the In-N-Out and came to meet me outside the terminal - where would you suggest meeting?
Old Sep 30, 2023, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What about if a friend picked up the In-N-Out and came to meet me outside the terminal - where would you suggest meeting?
T7 — friend can use the shortcut and not get stuck in (as much of) the traffic morass.
Mikity and cczzll like this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
There are none.

It's definitely possible and very much doable, but yes (as someone had mentioned), if you have Polaris lounge access, just go there.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 10:21 pm

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
You can leave your luggage at a seat in the lounge and leave the airport. Although it is unlikely to have your bags taken, I would not leave anything of high value in them. I travel alone and have often left my bags unattended in United clubs to get real food and never had a problem. Keep in mind everything is on camera so if something happened you at least have some evidence available.
To go to in n out you can easily walk depending on the weather and your physical fitness. Just study a map to find the walking paths from T7 to T 1.
Mikity likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by bloodyeyeballs
You can leave your luggage at a seat in the lounge and leave the airport. Although it is unlikely to have your bags taken, I would not leave anything of high value in them. I travel alone and have often left my bags unattended in United clubs to get real food and never had a problem. Keep in mind everything is on camera so if something happened you at least have some evidence available.
To go to in n out you can easily walk depending on the weather and your physical fitness. Just study a map to find the walking paths from T7 to T 1.
That option has the potential to end in disaster.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 12:21 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
That option has the potential to end in disaster.
remember that we are dealing with a “first world” problem. 🤗
Mikity likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 12:47 am

Programs: A mere babe on: BAEC, AAdvantage, Virgin Flying Club. An adolescent with: Marriott Silver. Budget
With the present traffic chaos at LAX you'd be far better off walking. But, considering how busy In N Out is most of the time, IMO I don't think 2 hours is enough.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 1:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Leaving bags unattended & for extended periods of time at an airport while bag-owner leaves airport: one of the more ridiculous suggestions I've read on FT.
SFO 1K, wcj1, roberto99 and 14 others like this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 2:04 am

I travel alone and have often left my bags unattended in United clubs … and never had a problem. Keep in mind everything is on camera so if something happened you at least have some evidence available.
I would have thought you’d want there to be no evidence. The minute you say “I deliberately left my bag unattended in an airport…” the response is not going to start with “oh how terrible how we can we help?”
Old Oct 1, 2023, 5:21 am

Programs: United Premier Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
T7 — friend can use the shortcut and not get stuck in (as much of) the traffic morass.
The shortcut is key. Don't make your friend go all the way around. Look for the signs for T7! (Signed, ex-Angeleno.)

You could get an Uber and do the drive-thru, as an alternative. It's still risky with two hours. I used to work nearby, and that location would take anywhere from 20-30 mins (or more) to get your food.
Mikity likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17
It's definitely possible and very much doable, but yes (as someone had mentioned), if you have Polaris lounge access, just go there.
While I wouldn't try to get In-and-Out in only two hours at LAX, the Polaris burger, when seating is available and the burger is on the menu, pales in comparison to a Double-Double!

To the OP: would taking a later flight out of LAX be an option for you?
Mikity likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.