Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Storing luggage items at Polaris lounge? (LAX)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Storing luggage items at Polaris lounge? (LAX)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2023, 6:34 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jpezaris
While I wouldn't try to get In-and-Out in only two hours at LAX, the Polaris burger, when seating is available and the burger is on the menu, pales in comparison to a Double-Double!

To the OP: would taking a later flight out of LAX be an option for you?
As a California native now far, far away from the closest location, that starts salivating at the mention of the delicious goodness that is I-N-O ... Polaris burger is good but I'd risk missing a connection for In-N-Out... perhaps the fries even more than the burger. But they do not travel well... especially if you e never had them before I would not let a friend pick them up and bring them to the airport

My dad is in the greater LAX area and I've definitely met him for lunch on a 2ish hour connection... picks me up curbside, beeline to the burger, eat, and return... but that's with only my laptop bag and of course he has a car. I'm afraid anything other than a POV would be dangerous especially during peak times.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by jpezaris
While I wouldn't try to get In-and-Out in only two hours at LAX, the Polaris burger, when seating is available and the burger is on the menu, pales in comparison to a Double-Double!
I get a lot of practice between walking T7 and *A lounge even with short layovers, and walking to/from nearby hotels as far as Westin, which is almost 2 miles each way.

T7 to In-N-Out can be easily done in under 30 minutes each way. 40-50 minutes roundtrip depending on your walking pace. 30 minutes between ordering and eating in...if it gets busy, take it to go.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 6:39 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by narvik
Leaving bags unattended & for extended periods of time at an airport while bag-owner leaves airport: one of the more ridiculous suggestions I've read on FT.
Most UCs (I haven't spent a ton of time in PLs by comparison, and never at LAX) have pretty terrible camera coverage but I can't say I haven't seen people leave things. Actually at CLE a couple weeks ago a guy came in to the UC panicked because he left his laptop on a table at the ORD UC.. once the UC agents could get someone helpful to answer the phone they confirmed it was still there and would be moved to safekeeping until the loser returned through ORD the next day.

Wouldnt plan on it as the primary course of action but as a last ditch it's not completely ridiculous (as compared to say leaving it in the terms).

If you were really friendly the baggage service office may also let you "lose" your bag for a couple hours before you "reclaim" it... but not sure how friendly the LAX BSO is.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 7:13 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Most UCs (I haven't spent a ton of time in PLs by comparison, and never at LAX) have pretty terrible camera coverage but I can't say I haven't seen people leave things. Actually at CLE a couple weeks ago a guy came in to the UC panicked because he left his laptop on a table at the ORD UC.. once the UC agents could get someone helpful to answer the phone they confirmed it was still there and would be moved to safekeeping until the loser returned through ORD the next day.
The LAX Polaris lounge is small, nothing like SFO, and if there is one Polaris lounge where the employees will notice something left behind it's LAX. The employees are much more on the ball there.
ContinentalFan and Mikity like this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Just have Uber eats waiting for you at the arrivals entrance

Jack in the Box is better btw
Old Oct 1, 2023, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The issue isn't the hamburger - it's the almost certainty that your big will disappear out the door, or at least get a thorough "inspection" for goodies when someone sees you put it somewhere and then walk out of the lounge. While a double-double may arguably be the best fast food hamburger in North America (best fast food burger global award goes to the black pepper crusted quarter pounder at McDonalds in Asia), it's not worth losing the bag or some of the contents inside.
Mikity likes this.

Last edited by bocastephen; Oct 1, 2023 at 6:52 pm
Old Oct 1, 2023, 1:17 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
I went to In-n-out several times in September and each time waited at least 20 minutes for a double-double. Lots of traffic into/out of LAX. 2 hours is very tight.
uanj and ContinentalFan like this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 1:32 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
By the time you've factored in walking, wait time at I-N-O and possible lengthy wait times at security, it becomes clear that a 2-hour layover is simply too short. Why risk missing the plane? A 4-hour layover would be much more comfortable if you want to leave airside.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I appreciate the desire for adventure and have made many trips to Sepulveda Blvd for In-N-Out and plane spotting from LAX.

My 2 cents: don't do it. Don't even leave security to meet a friend. 2 hours isn't enough. Too much can go wrong and then you miss your flight for a hamburger. I would take the suggestion to order the Polaris Burger in the dining room and rest up for your next flight. Enjoy all that the lounge has to offer. Grab a shower.

Don't leave the airport.
Mikity likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Update: I did it! My g/f picked up the order at I-N-O, and I was able to whiz through passport control, and meet her outside T7. We then spent about half an hour parked in the garage (just like being teenagers again ) before I had to rush back inside. Fortunately security queue was very light so I managed to make my connection handily.
Thanks guys for all your replies and some pretty helpful and/or hilarious responses!
narvik and daveoflynn like this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Mikity
Update: I did it! My g/f picked up the order at I-N-O, and I was able to whiz through passport control, and meet her outside T7. We then spent about half an hour parked in the garage (just like being teenagers again &#128514 before I had to rush back inside. Fortunately security queue was very light so I managed to make my connection handily.
Thanks guys for all your replies and some pretty helpful and/or hilarious responses!
Congratulations! You defied the odds!!!!
Mikity, narvik and nexus7556 like this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by uanj
The LAX Polaris lounge is small, nothing like SFO, and if there is one Polaris lounge where the employees will notice something left behind its LAX. The employees are much more on the ball there.
I’d also include passengers in the mix. LAX is an international airport with passengers from parts of the world where unattended bags signal immediate danger.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver
I've left my bags in JFK T4 Sky Club 5 or 6 different times to go to Brooklyn for pizza, a few times to TWA to work out and once to Broadway for a matinee.. The trick is to hide them. I used to put them in the way back just before the outdoor terrace and open up the cabinets back there and hide them in there, under the printers/fax machines.

Glad OP got his In N Out (and got to see GF).......But In N Out is so overrated. Horrible fries, disgusting grilled cheese & zero good sauces.
Mikity and chavala like this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019
Congratulations! You defied the odds!!!!
It's really not that difficult/far if one can walk at a decent pace with light luggage.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
There you go, it can be done with assistance of friend...congrats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.