Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

So-Called 1K Reservations Representative Told Me No Flights to NCE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So-Called 1K Reservations Representative Told Me No Flights to NCE

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2023, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Originally Posted by Repooc17
This. We have so much information at our fingertips these days (probably too much, and others have too much of our info, but that's a whole another topic)....
Yes, but one kind of information that's hard to find lately is an airline timetable. I think this is a real shortcoming of digital travel planning. In the days of the printed UA timetable (available at your local United ticket office--ha), or the OAG, mailed to your home or office, you could see in easy chart form:
-All UA departures out of a given city
-Days of the week a given flight operates, alongside the equipment operating and the inflight amenities (ha)
-Start day and stop day, if applicable, of any route.
Aside from an ExpertFlyer subscription, where is this information published? You can deduce it by dummy booking, but why do the airlines prefer that we tie up their booking engine rather than make the information easily available?

/Rant
-CJ
Old Aug 18, 2023, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by CJ99
Yes, but one kind of information that's hard to find lately is an airline timetable. I think this is a real shortcoming of digital travel planning. In the days of the printed UA timetable (available at your local United ticket office--ha), or the OAG, mailed to your home or office, you could see in easy chart form:
-All UA departures out of a given city
-Days of the week a given flight operates, alongside the equipment operating and the inflight amenities (ha)
-Start day and stop day, if applicable, of any route.
Aside from an ExpertFlyer subscription, where is this information published? You can deduce it by dummy booking, but why do the airlines prefer that we tie up their booking engine rather than make the information easily available?

/Rant
-CJ
I mean if you are looking for a yellow book, I am sure that can be arranged with the right amount of fee.

Why even both with United search engine? Just start with Google Flights or another consolidators, and you can get all of the necessary information you are looking for. Often times you can find other airlines with better schedule and/or pricing as a bonus.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 5:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

IME if you don’t do your own research before calling any airline about any scheduling issue, you should be prepare to be disappointed. In July 2022 I was booked STR-AMS-SEA on DL and fell victim to the AMS meltdown. When DL replaced my trip to one three days later, before I called DL I found two different itineraries out of FRA the day after the cancellation that would get me to SEA one day late instead of 3. After a long time on hold, spoke to the agent with the information I had discovered, and in 10 minutes was confirmed FRA-JFK-SEA. Had a similar problem on UA a year earlier, and again, found an acceptable routing before I successfully called UA.

ExpertFlyer is well worth the 5 bucks a month.
Repooc17 and jerseytom like this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Originally Posted by Repooc17
I mean if you are looking for a yellow book, I am sure that can be arranged with the right amount of fee.

Why even both with United search engine? Just start with Google Flights or another consolidators, and you can get all of the necessary information you are looking for. Often times you can find other airlines with better schedule and/or pricing as a bonus.
Fair enough. I'll tool around with Google Flights some more, but what I miss is the ability to answer a question such as the OP's quickly and definitively: When does the EWR-NCE service stop for the winter? Or, during which months (or on which days of the week) does LH downgauge its second daily ORD-FRA? It sounds like a subscription to ExpertFlyer (or OAG) is still an option, but the airlines themselves no longer make this information easily available.

-CJ

Last edited by CJ99; Aug 18, 2023 at 7:13 pm
Old Aug 18, 2023, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by CJ99
Fair enough. I'll tool around with Google Flights some more, but what I miss is the ability to answer a question such as the OP's quickly and definitively: When does the EWR-NCE service stop for the winter? Or, during which months (or on which days of the week) does LH downgauge its second daily ORD-FRA? It sounds like a subscription to ExpertFlyer (or OAG) is still an option, but the airlines themselves no longer make this information easily available.

-CJ
You can find NCe seasonal end date via Google Flights (GF) in 30 seconds or less.
​​​​​​
Let's level set here, most flying public do not really care about the operating aircraft. Even if you need the info, it's also displayed as part of GF search results.

The point I was making earlier is by calling UA is not necessarily going to get you the answer you are looking for. You might even find it yourself faster. If the public has interest in a free digital guidebook, airlines might publish it. As mentioned earlier, few cares. Most people just want to fly from A to B in the fastest and cheapest manner, irrespective of the airline, the aircraft, and all of the details.
jsloan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.