Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

So-Called 1K Reservations Representative Told Me No Flights to NCE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2023, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Global Services, Lifetime Hilton Diamond

Tried to speak with reservations about wanting to book a flight to Nice (NCE) and wanted to find out when the summer season ends so I do not book the trip too close to the final flights in case of any weather issues transiting through EWR and hurricane season. The so- called 1K representative told me that United does not have flights on that route and that they ended in May. I said I could book one for tomorrow and asked if I could speak with a supervisor. After being placed on hold for 25 minutes, she comes back and said my supervisor said that this is the latest information that we have so we do not fly from EWR-NCE. I politely asked to speak with someone since I know for a fact that these flights exist, but want to find out when they end. I cannot believe that even in reservations, agents do not know the routes and pass themselves off as 1K. Might anyone know when the summer season ends to Nice? Thanks.

Just saw that United website said the following: Premier Priority Desk: Premier members may call the Premier Priority Desk for MileagePlus account information and flight reservations. The Premier Priority Desk number is listed on the back of the membership card. Calling the number will connect you to a Premier Priority Desk customer service representative specially trained to answer questions pertaining to our Premier travelers. These highly trained representatives are our most qualified agents and will be fully dedicated to providing our Premier members the highest level of service."
uanj and enviroian like this.

Last edited by LHR Wannabee; Aug 17, 2023 at 8:34 pm Reason: United Definition of 1K Agent
Old Aug 17, 2023, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is the quintessential experience for learning to HUCA. 😔
Old Aug 17, 2023, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Maybe agent typed in “niece” and nothing came up?
Old Aug 17, 2023, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by LHR Wannabee
Might anyone know when the summer season ends to Nice? Thanks.
EWR-NCE ends 27SEP23
Old Aug 17, 2023, 9:01 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
So I get the annoyance with misinformation, but this seems to be something you could easily lookup (and book) online? So why call?
Beltway2A, nexus7556, m.y and 8 others like this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by D582
So I get the annoyance with misinformation, but this seems to be something you could easily lookup (and book) online? So why call?
This. We have so much information at our fingertips these days (probably too much, and others have too much of our info, but that's a whole another topic).

We have had people vent about phone wait time...well, sometimes it's taken up by other people needing to know about this, or their upgrade waitlist position. Customer representative helpfulness notwithstanding, critical time is taken away from people actually traveling with real needs.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 9:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just saw that United website said the following: Premier Priority Desk: Premier members may call the Premier Priority Desk for MileagePlus account information and flight reservations. The Premier Priority Desk number is listed on the back of the membership card. Calling the number will connect you to a Premier Priority Desk customer service representative specially trained to answer questions pertaining to our Premier travelers. These highly trained representatives are our most qualified agents and will be fully dedicated to providing our Premier members the highest level of service."
It's just marketing. Might as well complain about how UA markets Premier upgrades as a super valuable benefit. Same thing.

At least you don't have to wait on hold 2 hours to speak with an agent (hello, AA).
uanj, jsloan, hirohito888 and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by D582
Is there an easy way to look up the EOS for a given seasonal route, other than trial and error searching? There's a number of seasonal routes I fly that I'd love to be able to get that info for in a more direct manner.
LHR Wannabee likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jpezaris
Is there an easy way to look up the EOS for a given seasonal route, other than trial and error searching? There's a number of seasonal routes I fly that I'd love to be able to get that info for in a more direct manner.
It's easy to find in ExpertFlyer.

If you don't have an ExpertFlyer subscription, it's also easy to find on matrix.itasoftware.com -- it just takes a little more trial and error. To search for a seasonal nonstop flight, put your origin and destination cities in, open the Advanced Controls, put o:ua in the routing box, and then use calendar mode to search one month at a time. When you stop seeing prices, that's the end of the schedule.
nlf, SPN Lifer and nnn like this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsloan
It's easy to find in ExpertFlyer.

If you don't have an ExpertFlyer subscription, it's also easy to find on matrix.itasoftware.com -- it just takes a little more trial and error. To search for a seasonal nonstop flight, put your origin and destination cities in, open the Advanced Controls, put o:ua in the routing box, and then use calendar mode to search one month at a time. When you stop seeing prices, that's the end of the schedule.
I find google flight slightly faster / easier than matrix, basically doing the same: EWR origin, NCE destination, arbitrary date, select nonstop filter, then view calendar for date with no price.

edit: picture -
sinoflyer, DELee, nlf and 6 others like this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 10:45 pm

Programs: MC - Gold HH-Diamond UA - 1K
Originally Posted by hirohito888
EWR-NCE ends 27SEP23
.... and the return UA273/28SEP23
LHR Wannabee and cricketer like this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
I won't excuse the 1K agent for their incompetence. Moreover, OP's asking to speak to a supervisor was essentially an excuse for the 1K agent to put the call on hold and stop working. Ostensibly, it gave the agent a free pass to grab a coffee in the break room or mute the microphone so that they could chat with the agent sitting next to them. This shenanigans would continue until OP gets tired and hangs up, or as OP actually did, the hold time extends dangerously close to where the actual supervisor might notice, at which point the agent comes back to the call and says "Yeah I just spoke to my supervisor and no, we don't service Nice anymore." In any event, I doubt that 1K agent actually spoke to a "supervisor."

But I also agree with other posters: Why waste your time? Is there a need to demonstrate something that most of us already know is (sadly) a regular occurrence at UA?
Old Aug 17, 2023, 11:18 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
UA's website is full of meaningless and outdated marketing speak. There was a section on the site about the great service you get in United First between HKG and NRT long after UA dropped both Intl First and service between HKG and NRT. Maybe they were talking about CX.

There are many new phone agents. I have a reservation out of sync and could not change it so called to get it fixed. Agent was very nice and said she took care of it. Six hours later and still out of sync. Called again and second agent said first agent left a note that I called for no special reason but she could see the ticket was out of sync.
Kacee, SPN Lifer, jsloan and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 7:16 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Tried to speak with reservations about wanting to book a flight to Nice (NCE) and wanted to find out when the summer season ends so I do not book the trip too close to the final flights in case of any weather issues transiting through EWR and hurricane season. The so- called 1K representative told me that United does not have flights on that route and that they ended in May. I said I could book one for tomorrow and asked if I could speak with a supervisor. After being placed on hold for 25 minutes, she comes back and said my supervisor said that this is the latest information that we have so we do not fly from EWR-NCE. I politely asked to speak with someone since I know for a fact that these flights exist, but want to find out when they end. I cannot believe that even in reservations, agents do not know the routes and pass themselves off as 1K. Might anyone know when the summer season ends to Nice? Thanks.

If you really want to prove them wrong, ask them to look up the flight with flight number.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Global Services, Lifetime Hilton Diamond
Thank you very much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.