Wiki Posts
Search

Disappearing PlusPoints request

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2023, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Disappearing PlusPoints request

A couple of people posted in a 1K Facebook group of which I am a member that upgrade requests had disappeared from their reservations. This caused me to look at my reservation for next month and indeed the request had disappeared! MUC-ORD. I requested the upgrade again and it went through the usual motions of making me agree to purchase the 30 PlusPoints. I was grateful folks had posted this else I never would have noticed the upgrade request had disappeared.

Bizarrely a flight a week later (but same month) the request is still there for the upgrade. LAX-SYD. Same 30 PlusPoints request. My November requests are still there as well.

So how do upgrade requests just "disappear"?

Last edited by Aussienarelle; May 18, 2023 at 5:49 pm Reason: Spelling a
Old May 18, 2023, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
It's OK, it's not like it is going to clear anyway.
Old May 18, 2023, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
A couple of people posted in a 1K Facebook group of which I am a member that upgrade requests had disappeared from their reservations. This caused me to look at my reservation for next month and indeed the request had disappeared! MUC-ORD. I requested the upgrade again and it went through the usual motions of making me agree to purchase the 30 PlusPoints. I was grateful folks had posted this else I never would have noticed the upgrade request had disappeared.

Bizarrely a flight a week later (but same month) the request is still there for the upgrade. LAX-SYD. Same 30 PlusPoints request. My November requests are still there as well.

So how do upgrade requests just "disappear"?
FWIW same thing happened to me on a TATL booked end of summer. Had to do the same thing and I swear I applied the PPs. Looking at the load and with wife my prompting I just bought in frustration Polaris tickets as it appeared it wouldn't clear anyhow. Interesting to hear that this is happening from other sources.
Aussienarelle and SPN Lifer like this.

Last edited by nomad420; May 18, 2023 at 8:34 pm
Old May 18, 2023, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by mduell
It's OK, it's not like it is going to clear anyway.
LOL! At least I have some hope thst OAR tickets would clear as a 1K! This new system of making them disappears ensure there is no hope!
Originally Posted by nomad420
FWIW same thing happened to me on a TATL booked end of summer. Had to do the same thing and I swear I applied the PPs. Looking at the load and wife my prompting I just bought in frustration Polaris tickets as it appeared it wouldn't clear anyhow. Interesting to hear that this is happening from other sources.
Yes sometimes it is good to know you did not imagine applying the upgrade. I was just glad someone had posted so it made me check my upgrade requests.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.