Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Disappeared from seat assignment and upgrade list

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2023, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT

Flying DCA-EWR-xxx. DCA-EWR was upgraded at T-21h and the cabin went to J2 and the app showed 8/10 booked and I appeared on the upgrade list with my seat assignment. EWR-xxx was upgraded before the 24h mark so I never appeared on the list.

At some point overnight last night I disappeared from the upgrade list for DCA-EWR and the seat map showed my upgraded seat as available. That made me panic a little bit so I went into my reservation and it still showed me in the correct seat in first. I went to EF and it, too, showed my seat open. I decided to check-in for the flights and it kept my seat assignments and suddenly I re-appeared on the upgrade list for DCA-EWR and my seat assignment showed occupied on the map. The "booked" capacity on the app did not change.

I'm wondering what would have happened if somebody tried to get my seat in first class on DCA-EWR. Would it have errored out? Would they have gotten it?

Note: no IROPS, no expected delays, no rebooking, nothing. I bought the ticket a few days ago and haven't touched it.

-RM
Old Jan 27, 2023, 10:25 am

Programs: UA:1K 0.81M
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I'm wondering what would have happened if somebody tried to get my seat in first class on DCA-EWR. Would it have errored out? Would they have gotten it?
-RM
I've had a couple of upgrades clear (domestic CPU and Plus Points Polaris) recently that when I went to select an open seat, I found that it didn't stick. Seat maps bounced back and forth between the seat as open / occupied. Maybe I was on the other end of a situation like what you had?
Old Jan 27, 2023, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
That's a very good possibility.

-RM
Old Jan 27, 2023, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not quite the same situation, but I had a couple of times where I randomly disappeared from cleared list (had cleared into pz). Didn't change flight, didn't have any irrops, so couldn't see any reason for it.

However, I did check flight status and reservation, and nothing funny happened with my seat. So not sure if that might be related or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.