Search
Old Jan 27, 2023, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2023 Let’s Eat - Polaris business

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2023, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I only ate the main meal. My wife escaped everything. 😂

Menu for SYD-IAH

Salad and appetizer.

Main dish, more potato than fish!

Was at right temperature.
I was on that flight too!
Old Jan 4, 2023, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Does the "feta mousse" even exist? Not seen on any noodle salad pics

???
Old Jan 4, 2023, 2:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by dkc192
Which entree did you end up choosing, and how was it prepared?
Chicken. It was edible, best thing was the potatoes.

UA 28 Jan 2 SIN-SFO

Old Jan 4, 2023, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
UA925 LHR-IAD
January 2023

My first UA meal of the year! Excellent inflight service from a mixed LHR/IAD based crew. ​​​

-FlyerBeek

Last edited by FlyerBeek; Jan 5, 2023 at 10:52 am
Old Jan 5, 2023, 6:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Does the "feta mousse" even exist? Not seen on any noodle salad pics
???
Be careful what you wish for. This is probably a blessing.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 6:36 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
DEN-LHR 4 Jan 23 Dinner

Had the turbot. It was ok. I can’t figure out the appetizer however, it’s like flavorless sugar free gummy worms…..but I ate it anyway. Skipped dessert and breakfast.

No voucher for top shelf at the United Club (maybe they don’t do that anymore). Did have onboard pre-departure beverage offering, hot towel, warm nuts. Crew was ok, just not very friendly or outgoing. Meal served all at once, followed by dessert.

Dinner menu

DEN
Old Jan 5, 2023, 7:34 am

Programs: United MileagePlus 1K
Quick question that maybe someone knows the answer to - If you order an Asian Vegetarian special meal in Polaris, does that just replace the entree and you still get the regular salad and dessert?

I can't remember since I usually just roll the dice and choose whatever vegetarian option is on the regular menu when I travel by myself. But in two weeks I'm traveling with my husband and daughters (all vegetarian). We're worried about the regular vegetarian option running out with so many of us, so I put in Asian Vegetarian requests. Just can't remember whether that means we'll get the "good" desserts or instead some sad packaged cookie.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cissigys
Quick question that maybe someone knows the answer to - If you order an Asian Vegetarian special meal in Polaris, does that just replace the entree and you still get the regular salad and dessert?

I can't remember since I usually just roll the dice and choose whatever vegetarian option is on the regular menu when I travel by myself. But in two weeks I'm traveling with my husband and daughters (all vegetarian). We're worried about the regular vegetarian option running out with so many of us, so I put in Asian Vegetarian requests. Just can't remember whether that means we'll get the "good" desserts or instead some sad packaged cookie.
Everything is replaced. However, FA must assemble the tray and may wind up subbing normal items if not knowing that you get, for example, different bread. The replacement dessert is usually meh, but you could still request regular dessert from the tray when they come around.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by fumje
They've had Symmetry Meritage (California) on board frequently - pretty good.

I typically don't pick white wine, and I don't know the label, but there was a decent Spanish Albariño I've seen a few times.
A Spanish Albariño ??? Wow, that is a first. I find it hard to find a bottle anywhere except Spain.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
What Champagne is UA pouring in Polaris these days? Will be on SIN-SFO in two months.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
What Champagne is UA pouring in Polaris these days? Will be on SIN-SFO in two months.
Lanson
Old Jan 5, 2023, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by DEN
Had the turbot. It was ok. I can’t figure out the appetizer however, it’s like flavorless sugar free gummy worms…..but I ate it anyway. Skipped dessert and breakfast.

No voucher for top shelf at the United Club (maybe they don’t do that anymore). Did have onboard pre-departure beverage offering, hot towel, warm nuts. Crew was ok, just not very friendly or outgoing. Meal served all at once, followed by dessert.

Dinner menu

DEN
that we have to pay for a ‘top shelf’ drink at DEN. UC is crazy to me given J class prices…..it’s not like top shelf is weller 12 or krug in the first place.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Dyce
I think I've finally crossed the frustration phase with United catering and now view it as a comedic experience. I mean, why do they find it so hard to deal with dressing on a salad?
"Hey Joe - those tuxedos don't fit the salad bowls again..."

David
Old Jan 6, 2023, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
UA41
1/6/23
FCO - EWR

Basking in the glow of four amazing days of Roman food - and clearly in a pasta induced food coma - I tried the chicken. My (smarter than me) wife passed…. The chicken was so dry that even my trusty carry on Tabasco couldn’t revive it. The rice was decent and the Spanish Albariño made up for the meal quality which I still can’t believe has declined so much.

I’m honestly at a loss to explain the salads lately - and how this could be called Tikka Masala chicken escapes me….

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Jan 6, 2023 at 4:03 am
Old Jan 6, 2023, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
UA41
1/6/23
FCO - EWR

Basking in the glow of four amazing days of Roman food - and clearly in a pasta induced food coma - I tried the chicken. My (smarter than me) wife passed…. The chicken was so dry that even my trusty carry on Tabasco couldn’t revive it. The rice was decent and the Spanish Albariño made up for the meal quality which I still can’t believe has declined so much.

I’m honestly at a loss to explain the salads lately - and how this could be called Tikka Masala chicken escapes me….
Wonder if we will ever see the Tikka Masala? Or in true United Menu writing nonsense, do they not know what it really is... Maybe they think it is a generic term for any chicken breast dish? HAHA
Happy New Year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.