Experience strategy SIN-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2022, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Work
I guess try to get a shower either in SFO or ORD PLs.

David
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by paperwastage
believe NH is still T-3hr currently

UA's restriction is due to some security issue that happened pre-covid and still continues today (UA cant issue mobile boarding passes for SIN, and cant issue paper boarding passes/open checkin until T-3h)

pre-covid, NH (plus many airlines) allowed T-24hr checkin @ SIN (and I've done 11pm for 6am flight), and SQ had T-48h

postcovid, only SQ officially has T-24hr , plus Qantas/Malaysia (only 1-5pm @ Jewel). I believe NH is still T-3hr currently
https://mainlymiles.com/2022/07/03/s...nd-passengers/

even pre-covid, NH relies on common counters (run by SATS or Jewel common checkin) to handle these off-hours checkin. i guess manpower is difficult to find & staff even right now, the Jewel common checkin is a start
Originally Posted by kevflyer
Is the T-3h check in applicable to UA flights only? What about NH?
Just checked in via App T-24 and got a digital boarding pass. Is the 3h restriction just for when the counters open?
tcdtcd likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by zig666
Just checked in via App T-24 and got a digital boarding pass. Is the 3h restriction just for when the counters open?
Unless they have changed things post-Covid, SIN requires paper boarding pass to clear immigration. That was the problem waiting for check-in desks to open. Hope it has changed - or will.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 9:22 pm

Never mind , see the SIN uA THREAD

Last edited by paperwastage; Sep 8, 2022 at 9:31 pm
Old Sep 8, 2022, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Unless they have changed things post-Covid, SIN requires paper boarding pass to clear immigration. That was the problem waiting for check-in desks to open. Hope it has changed - or will.
don’t know about UA specifically, but we got mobile BPs for all segments flying NH/AC SIN-NRT-YVR-SFO in July. NH staff also printed paper BPs when we checked bags, and I don’t recall 100%, but I think we used the mobile BPs for immigration and to board.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by paperwastage
Never mind , see the SIN uA THREAD
Yes, apologies for the double post - i recalled two SIN threads but ended up picking the wrong one first.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34584714-post464.html is the post that matter here, i think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.