Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Aviation Day Discount

New holiday to garner UA savings:

David
Aussienarelle and cfischer like this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Interestingly Lufthansa sent me a similar $75 discount for the same reason, but have not (yet) got one from United.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA
From the T&C: "Maximum number of uses per promotion code: Unlimited."
Old Aug 19, 2022, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Interestingly Lufthansa sent me a similar $75 discount for the same reason, but have not (yet) got one from United.
I got both UA and LH offers today.

Fare classes for the UA offer:
Qualifying Fares: The discount may only be used on select United Economy® fares booked in Y, B, M, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L and K fare class. Discount is not valid for Basic Economy.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
don’t think this is targeted, so as long as you have the promo code, should work.

AC also has the same offer, but some in the Aeroplan forum are reporting even with the ‘discount’, fares are higher than they were a few days ago, and even yesterday. Which is why I hate airline ‘sales’ - often, it costs more to buy ‘on sale’ than at ‘regular price’.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emcampbe
don’t think this is targeted, so as long as you have the promo code, should work.

AC also has the same offer, but some in the Aeroplan forum are reporting even with the ‘discount’, fares are higher than they were a few days ago, and even yesterday. Which is why I hate airline ‘sales’ - often, it costs more to buy ‘on sale’ than at ‘regular price’.
I looked at re-faring a couple of trips and determined it was far from worthwhile.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 3:35 am

In other news, fare fillings across the board have increased by $75 for the next two days
Repooc17, DELee, iplaybass and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.