Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2023, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
1. When requesting an Old Fashioned on United, ask the FA for this bottle:

2. Depending on the aircraft type, they may only be available in F.
3. If loaded by catering on to an aircraft, usually located in the wine drawer under the ice.

Print Wikipost

UA's Old Fashioned mix

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2024, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Success both directions IAH<->SAT considering such a short flight.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 9:53 am

03/07 SAV-EWR

Got both bottles!

Old Mar 11, 2024, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
Originally Posted by seanp7
FYI, if you’re a fan of this OF mix, the same brand is $6.99 for 375mL each if you buy two at Total Wine right now - UA serves 100 ml bottles. Add a dash of Grand Marnier / ice and voila !

Hoping for a CPU FLL-EWR Wed to order one but not hopeful with snow on the way.
And they sell it the 375 ML bottles in the H Store at the Hyatt House in Seattle for only $37.95.
SPN Lifer and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 6:59 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Took em all down on HNL-IAH
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Had both FLL-EWR today, mainly since there was no PDB (or that’s my excuse )
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:33 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
ORD-DFW (past Sunday): Received 1 and was told I had the only one on the flight (the otherwise rather disappointing pursuer did go back to Economy to check);
DFW-ORD - FA (though think it was the purser) went back to F to grab one for me when I requested in coach
choch345 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Success on ORD-CLE this past Sunday (in F). In air for maybe 20 minutes before turbulence forced the FAs to wrap up service, so I requested the Blue Cup to finish my drink. Safety first!
SPN Lifer and choch345 like this.

Last edited by paule123; Apr 15, 2024 at 10:11 pm
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:09 am

Programs: UA 1K
Success on IAH-PHX (03 April) to catch Final Four. After enjoying the two loaded bottles, was offered a 2x Buffalo Trace, which I graciously accepted (was not driving).
Old Apr 18, 2024, 11:32 am

Success. UAX, E175, MSP-SFO.
FA knew what I was talking about and where to find them. She stretched the two bottles into three plastic cupfuls. While delivering the third she apologized for not having more and said she'd check coach. I knew the answer to that one in advance.
choch345 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, Supersonic (BA1Y, BA1223)
Originally Posted by The Man in Seat 9A
Success. UAX, E175, MSP-SFO.
FA knew what I was talking about and where to find them. She stretched the two bottles into three plastic cupfuls. While delivering the third she apologized for not having more and said she'd check coach. I knew the answer to that one in advance.
Akshually, I got one in coach just a couple hours ago. I figured it didnt hurt to ask, and she knew what I was talking about, but was pretty sure I would get shut out once she started searching... She dug into the cart and came up with one in a few seconds, although I DID notice it wasnt cold...
UAX (Mesa), E175, MSP-IAD. I was in the UC at MSP from about 9:45 to noon... Might have brushed shoulders...
choch345 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 7:54 am

Not loaded on IAH-TPA Friday 10am departure
Old Apr 21, 2024, 6:05 pm

I've never seen an Old Fashioned in the coach cart. When I've scored them in coach they were always retrieved from the First galley and they only happened in conjunction with status recognition.

OT for the thread, but I avoid the MSP UC. Food selection is very limited and mostly prepackaged. Nice people (Hi MN!), decent runway views, but often crowded, closes early. We were in the Escape Lounge from 4-6:30 or so. At T-:05 we were standing at the gate when they pushed boarding back an hour and a quarter (Hi SFO!). I got to wander the airport. Many of the architectural details (baseboard heaters, iron railings at the gate, window frames, remain from when it was Wold-Chamberlain field and I got on my first plane (most of my trips started there until I was 20).
Old Apr 21, 2024, 6:08 pm

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
Has anyone ever gotten more than two OF?
The hypothesis is that they will stock two bottles with the wine in the first class cart, although it is somewhat unpredictable for single cabin flights or whether they are truly available back in coach.

Clearly, mystery wrapped in an enigma
Old Apr 21, 2024, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by mfirst
I have not. And I have been told there were no more after two a number of times. Some of those times I consumed both, some of those times I had one and someone else had one. Until Huey_Driver's post, it never occurred to me there might be more than two.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by mfirst
Yes. On IAH-HNL they have 2 stocked in 2 carts.

Also came here to report that I got both on TPA-IAH yesterday evening

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.