UA's Old Fashioned mix

Old Aug 10, 22, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
UA's Old Fashioned mix

Is old fashined still available on both domestic and internaitonal flights? I have not had it but seen a number of posters mentioned it.

How is it served? Is it using Buffalo Trace or Jack Daniel onboard?
Old Aug 10, 22, 11:59 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer View Post
Is old fashined still available on both domestic and internaitonal flights? I have not had it but seen a number of posters mentioned it.

Had it yesterday. Only available on domestic flights.
It is a standalone drink in a bit oversized mini. Only two are boarded and they are located in the red wine cart if the FA can't find them.
Old Aug 11, 22, 12:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve

Originally Posted by iluv2fly View Post
It is a standalone drink in a bit oversized mini. Only two are boarded and they are located in the red wine cart if the FA can't find them.
Haven't tried it since last year, but it used to be from On The Rocks, with Knob Creek whiskey.
Old Aug 12, 22, 11:57 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards

I love a good old fashioned, tried this one a few years back. It is unfortunately not a good old fashioned. I have yet to find a premixed one worth getting.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Aug 12, 22, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TXJeepGuy View Post
I love a good old fashioned, tried this one a few years back. It is unfortunately not a good old fashioned. I have yet to find a premixed one worth getting.
I actually like the pre-mixed Old Fashioned. It's very strong and refreshing overall.
seanp7 likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 14, 22 at 4:33 pm Reason: split post
Old Aug 12, 22, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post

I actually like the pre-mixed Old Fashioned. It's very strong and refreshing overall.
I find it a little too sweet for my taste. But for a change of pace, it’s something different to have if it’s available
jpezaris and Artpen100 like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 14, 22 at 4:29 pm
Old Aug 12, 22, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM *G
Originally Posted by Flying Machine View Post
I find it a little too sweet for my taste. But for a change of pace, its something different to have if its available
Agreed. Try mixing a bottle of the Old Fashioned with a Buffalo Trace. Found it to be a nice beverage if the ratio with ice is done right.
Flying Machine and TXJeepGuy like this.
Old Aug 12, 22, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by SF_DUKE View Post
Agreed. Try mixing a bottle of the Old Fashioned with a Buffalo Trace. Found it to be a nice beverage if the ratio with ice is done right.
Now thats a good plan! Thanks for the suggestion, never thought of it!
Old Aug 12, 22, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Flying Machine View Post
Now that’s a good plan! Thanks for the suggestion, never thought of it!
That would violate the "one drink per person at one time" rule! Purser on ORD-DEN mentioned it three times on my flight yesterday.

Last edited by limey1K; Aug 12, 22 at 5:54 pm
Old Aug 12, 22, 5:56 pm

Programs: United GS, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by limey1K View Post
That would violate the "one drink per person at one time" rule! Purser on ORD-DEN mentioned it three times on my flight yesterday.
I never thought Id appreciate that rule until I was in Row 4 on a RJ and was the third or fourth person to order a double Buffalo Trace and the purser had a look of panic about whether hed have enough
Old Aug 12, 22, 7:49 pm

To me even though its separate bottles its still one drink! :-)
Old Aug 12, 22, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM *G
Only works in F
Old Aug 13, 22, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
IAD-ATL the other day. Ordered a Buffalo Trace. In 1A, I could see what the purser was doing. While I did not ask for a double, I saw her pour one bottle in, pour the white wine the woman sitting in 1B ordered, then opened another bottle of Buffalo Trace and topped off my drink.

At UAL, following the rules is optional, as this forum clearly demonstrates. Sometimes we are on the winning end of that, other times, the losing end.
Old Aug 14, 22, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

No it is a premixed 100 ml bottle that's opened and poured for a passenger:

David
Old Aug 14, 22, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by DELee View Post
No it is a premixed 100 ml bottle that's opened and poured for a passenger:

David
Its been a while, however the original old-fashioned was definitely not in that packaging . I havent requested one in quite some time, have they changed the packaging? It was in a clear bottle with a white cap (found a photo). The new packaging looks allot sleeker and more modern ✅

Last edited by Flying Machine; Aug 14, 22 at 9:47 am

Search this Thread