Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Anticipated 1 June enhancements - UA bringing back hot meals to domestic first class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anticipated 1 June enhancements - UA bringing back hot meals to domestic first class

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 9:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Domestic first class menus are changing, starting tomorrow (June 1st).
  • Impossible meatballs served over bulgur with broccolini

Sorry UA for dissing the ragu polenta.
Old May 31, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Impossible as in impossible to indulge in? I am also so sorry for anything I've said about the chicken and polenta options.
uastarflyer likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver

New choices:
  • Za'atar chicken served over rice
Still fruit bowl + pie-in-the-sky on the side.

No change in premium transcontinental or Hawaii menus.
Mods please delete any post about me complaining about heartburn and digestion from the ragu. Impossible meat jesus, just make the choice properly vegetarian. So are we gonna see the ragu and chicken and latin rice more consistently on the transcon routes now?
Originally Posted by physioprof
Ugh that definitely looks like the "compressed molded chicken scraps" version of "chicken breast".
It was and while the seasoning was ok the texture was not good.
uastarflyer likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:54 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by kmersh
Has anyone with a reservation after June 1 had their trip update from snack aka heartbomb sandwich to an actual meal?

I have an MCO-EWR which still lists snack.
For what it’s worth, I’m flying AUS-ORD on 6/2, coded as snack in the flight status. However, pre order was Belgium waffle or scrambled eggs..
Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:39 am

Ord to Sfo ua528 this sunday
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
5 breakfast choices ...waffles, french toast, oatmeal, egg souffle, Denver scramble, for our SFO-DCA flight Saturday. That is an improvement!
Old Jun 1, 2022, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uastarflyer

Sorry UA for dissing the ragu polenta.
Originally Posted by itripreport
Impossible as in impossible to indulge in? I am also so sorry for anything I've said about the chicken and polenta options.
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Mods please delete any post about me complaining about heartburn and digestion from the ragu. Impossible meat jesus, just make the choice properly vegetarian.
What?? That sounds good. Love the impossible burger stuff.

But this thread mostly goes to show that whatever UA does w/r/t meals, people will just complain.
EWR764, evol and chellion13 like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 6:52 am

New choices:
  • Za'atar chicken served over rice
Still fruit bowl + pie-in-the-sky on the side.

No change in premium transcontinental or Hawaii menus.
Why is UA always so behind the times, DL is again way ahead in terms of offerings and presentation.

No prepackaged Pie In the Sky a nice plated desert, a fresh salad with interesting dressings and so far some very tasty entrees.

It is like UA lacks imagination and the accountants just ruin the rest.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Bear96
But this thread mostly goes to show that whatever UA does w/r/t meals, people will just complain.
Nail, meet head. The chicken dish, in particular, I am looking forward to trying.

Not that I have an expectation of gourmet meals in the air... I can, and do, enjoy them on the ground. Two completely different concepts, in my mind. I just want to see something from United consistent with its direct competitors, that's all. Makes it easier to choose United with all things being equal... though a true differentiating/distinguishing service would be nice.
silverthief2 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I'm looking forward to trying both entrees. It would be nice to add a side salad along with the fruit, but I'm not complaining until I try both new entrees.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Are we still expecting the plastic baggie of despair on UAX flights in First? Any reason this is operator dependent?

GoJet returned the full snack basket array on their CRJ550 flights some time ago, but Republic was still plastic bag (and sometime only plastic cups).
Kacee likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Bear96
What?? That sounds good. Love the impossible burger stuff.

or some of us could have an intolerance to soy…and also plenty enough vegetarians out there that would prefer to have just normal vegetarian food on board and not something that’s supposed to resemble meat.

If the impossible burger were a separate pre-orderable-only option like some of the other stuff, I have no issues with that, but I think it would be preferable if the default alternative to the Chicken was the Mediterranean bowl or something like that.
ft4lyf, benewr and Nanagose like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Are we still expecting the plastic baggie of despair on UAX flights in First? Any reason this is operator dependent?

GoJet returned the full snack basket array on their CRJ550 flights some time ago, but Republic was still plastic bag (and sometime only plastic cups).
Not just UAX. The baggie is the norm on mainline as well. Received as recently as May 24 on PHX-SFO. Per UA website:
For flights between 1 hour and 2 hours and 20 minutes, you’ll receive an “all-in-one” snack bag with a wrapped sanitizer wipe, 8.5-ounce bottled water and two snacks.

By comparison, AS, AA, and DL all circulate the snack basket on flights as short as SFO-LAX and LAX-PHX. AS serves an actual meal on SFO-SEA.
goodeats21 and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:15 am

Personally I like the Impossible line of fake meat products and look forward to trying that meatball dish. On the other hand, I had the BBQ burger recently and was underwhelmed. The patty was fine but the bun was way too soggy and there was too much BBQ sauce. To each their own I suppose.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
or some of us could have an intolerance to soy…and also plenty enough vegetarians out there that would prefer to have just normal vegetarian food on board and not something that’s supposed to resemble meat.

If the impossible burger were a separate pre-orderable-only option like some of the other stuff, I have no issues with that, but I think it would be preferable if the default alternative to the Chicken was the Mediterranean bowl or something like that.
Well stated. A lot of vegetarians aren’t aspiring to consume meat dishes. So something designed to look/taste like meat isn’t at all attractive.

Provide “Want meat eat meat”, and have a falafel or AVML dish or pasta/enchiladas etc as a designed vegetarian option.

Or bring back the ragu/polenta. Lesson learned
cricketer, ft4lyf, benewr and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.