Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PointsPlus option not available on flight (now is) ???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2022, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AE

Just booked a flight on TLV SFO non-stop. Did not get the pointsplus upgrade waitlist option. Apparently, no pointsplus upgrades will be offered on that and possibly other flights, no matter whether seats are empty in biz or premium economy. Was new for me and for the 1K desk.
Old May 13, 2022, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rawilliam
Just booked a flight on TLV SFO non-stop. Did not get the pointsplus upgrade waitlist option. Apparently, no pointsplus upgrades will be offered on that and possibly other flights, no matter whether seats are empty in biz or premium economy. Was new for me and for the 1K desk.
has the ticket been issued yet? Details? Booked through UA?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 13, 2022 at 6:52 pm Reason: split post
Old May 13, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA
If not ticketed, you won’t see points upgrade options.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 13, 2022 at 6:53 pm Reason: split post
Old May 13, 2022, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Very odd.
Old May 14, 2022, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AE
Ticketed. They said that it is a new situation.

Hmmm, this morning the problem went away.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 14, 2022 at 10:49 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old May 14, 2022, 6:40 am

That's bizarre. If this is true there is going to be one hell of a backlash from Platinum & 1K members. Given the paucity of these instruments even clearing on some routes, to limit even being able to try applying a PP upgrade would be a very bad move, IMHO.
Old May 14, 2022, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Definitely sounds like a delay in the system seeing a ticket attached to the reservation. You cannot apply an upgrade request to an unticketed reservation.

Many agents take their job as trying to invent words to explain what the computer says, regardless of whether the computer is patently wrong.
spartacusmcfly likes this.
Old May 14, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by findark
Many agents take their job as trying to invent words to explain what the computer says, regardless of whether the computer is patently wrong.
Exactly! A change like this would remove what is arguably the single most important structural pillar of the 1K program.
Old May 22, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
I had an issue a while back where I was ticketed in A class and could not request a PlusPoints upgrade.

I had to call to request to waitlist. After some back and forth, the agent asked her support desk to fix the problem. The problem was fixed, and I was added to the waitlist. Ultimately got the upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.