Wiki Posts
Search

South Florida cancellations today.....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
South Florida cancellations today.....

Not sure if anyone else is here trying to get out of South Florida to the NY area today. It seems that lots of flights were randomly cancelled this morning, and no availability at all to head north.

Complete cancellation, no new flights, can't get through by phone, website completely broken to find new flights...

This is my third time completely stranded by UA in the past 2 months...
Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
End of Spring break for most people.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kmxu
End of Spring break for most people.
Thanks for replying and soothing my wounds!....

Spring break... Not sure if that's the disease or a symptom of the disease....

Had pretty good luck with UA in the past couple of years, but lately, they have cancelled us completely, no new flights, no availability, just outright cancellation.. completely stranded. This is the third time this year.

On hold for nearly 40 minutes, website completely borked, weird....
Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:44 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
FL had some pretty substantial thunderstorms roll through last night. Surely that impacted inbound aircraft/aircrews.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TBD
FL had some pretty substantial thunderstorms roll through last night. Surely that impacted inbound aircraft/aircrews.
Thanks also for indulging my emotional wreckage.....

United email said it was crew, United CSR said it was ATC, and website said it was weather.

I think it really was bigfoot
Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by wingnuthead
Thanks also for indulging my emotional wreckage.....

United email said it was crew, United CSR said it was ATC, and website said it was weather.

I think it really was bigfoot
Those can all be correct, perhaps even BigFoot. Weather can be the reason for the ATC delay which may result in crew becoming unavailable due to timing.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Those can all be correct, perhaps even BigFoot. Weather can be the reason for the ATC delay which may result in crew becoming unavailable due to timing.
Hey, even Bigfoot has to eat...

David
Old Apr 8, 2022, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wingnuthead
....United email said it was crew, United CSR said it was ATC, and website said it was weather.....
Those are pretty much the same thing. ATC restricted traffic flow, or ground stop, due to weather. As a result crew timed out, didn't get sufficient rest time or were out of position.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by TerryK
Those are pretty much the same thing. ATC restricted traffic flow, or ground stop, due to weather. As a result crew timed out, didn't get sufficient rest time or were out of position.
Yes the last week has been a mess to / from Florida from the Northeast -- my wife and her friend took all day just to get to the wrong airport in Florida last weekend -- and barely made it out yesterday before it got really messy -- if they hadn't got to the airport earlier so I could switch them to an earlier flight not sure they would have made it back...
Old Apr 8, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Yes the last week has been a mess to / from Florida from the Northeast -- my wife and her friend took all day just to get to the wrong airport in Florida last weekend -- and barely made it out yesterday before it got really messy -- if they hadn't got to the airport earlier so I could switch them to an earlier flight not sure they would have made it back...
My wife has friends who were trying to get home (on Spirit, I think) from Orlando who had canceled flights and couldn't be re-accomdated for three or four days. They were able to grab about the last rental car available and drive the 1000+ miles home.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
My wife has friends who were trying to get home (on Spirit, I think) from Orlando who had canceled flights and couldn't be re-accomdated for three or four days. They were able to grab about the last rental car available and drive the 1000+ miles home.
Yes Orlando has been particularly messy -- my wife couldn't get there so she got the last two seats to Tampa -- and then took an Uber the next day to Orlando....
Old Apr 8, 2022, 9:33 am
Original Poster

I will say, that after probably 1000 flights in my life (likely more), lately, UA simply cancelling at the last minute and not being prepared to handle the onslaught of rebookings is fairly novel in my travel history at least.
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
Hey, even Bigfoot has to eat...

David
But United has the wrong beef jerky onboard.
UA_Flyer and wakko11 like this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 11:12 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC
Its been a disaster since last night. I was supposed to head out of FLL to DTW at 7:25pm and we were delayed until midnight at which point two Atlanta flights and my Detroit flight were abruptly cancelled.

The DTW flight was rescheduled for 12:30pm today (Friday the 8th) but I said screw it and stayed until Sunday.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 12:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
22% inbound and 24% outbound flights delayed today at MCO
16% both directions FLL

yesterday was x2 worse,, MCO over 50% in both directions, AA had 32% delays
artvandalay likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.