Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PE middle or exit row aisle?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Thanks for the follow up. PP/PE next time!
Old Apr 9, 2022, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BJfly
Thank you for all the data points. In the end I decided to keep my exit row aisle because the middle showed empty. Then last minute they filled it. Oh well. But I think I would have missed PE by one anyway. And then the guy in the middle next to me - well something was really, really wrong with him. Either significantly physically impaired or quite inebriated (Monday morning 8:30 am - early for that?) or both. He was sloppily spilling over both my seat and the window. It was going to be horrible. Then the flight attendant notices, tells the guy in the window “there’s one open window seat up a few rows” and 10 minutes after take off he reaccomodated the window guy and after several attempts gets the middle seat guy to move the window. I would not have wanted to trust him to operate the emergency door if it came down to that but was very very happy to have him off my lap and to get the middle seat empty. But my plan to work did not work. WiFi did not support outlook.com or my VPN. Oh well. Thank you again to all and to that flight attendant in particular!
Width of the seats (and wisdom of FTers) always wins out. Any PP seat > any E+ seat in my mind.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aacharya
Why not move middle guy to the other non exit window I wonder..
that would have just created an equal and off setting problem for the row he was moved to - he would have encroached on the others in that row.

Originally Posted by Kmxu
Width of the seats (and wisdom of FTers) always wins out. Any PP seat > any E+ seat in my mind.
Agreed, but point redemption also enters into the equation, so the answer might be different with that in mind.

Option 1: PE plus spend 12,500 points
option 2: E+ exit row, no extra spend

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 10, 2022 at 6:28 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 17, 2022, 6:53 am
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
I was in that position in my last flight before CV19, FRA-EWR, was booked in PE and had a middle middle, bulkhead seat and was moved by UA to a windows bulkhead in E+ on the 777 (I think) with an empty middle seat. I was given my new boarding pass and a $1500 ETC without asking it question. To me that seat with an empty middle was better anyway so the $1500 was a good bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.