Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Premier Earner Starter PQP posted (varies on elite level, how status achieved, )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United is providing MP elites with PQP bonuses for 2022 (for 2023 qualifying), with credits to MP account starting Feb. 10. It appears this is in process of rolling out universally, so if you don't see PQP yet wait a bit.

Credits appear to be as follows, though some posts in the thread may vary from these figures. Matthew had an exchange confirming the program and reverse engineering these figures as well, below.

If you "earned" the status for 2022 (whether or not needing the various bonuses or fly to the finish) you receive an "earned bonus". If you received your status through an extension of past status or through being a million miler companion, you get the "starter bonus", which isn't as high.

GS: 3000 PQP
1K: Earned: 3000; Starter: 2250
Plat: Earned: 2000; Starter: 1500
Gold: Earned: 1400; Starter: 1050
Silver: Earned: 700; Starter: 525

The posting of the Starter PQPs in your account may initially be puzzling

In the summary activity, only the RDMs are shown and for the Starter PQPs, there are no RDMs, just PQPs
Looking further down you will see

Clicking on "View Full Activity details, where you will see the PQPs

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
United got back to me -

United is showing love to its most loyal customers just in time for Valentine’s Day.

Tomorrow, United will notify MileagePlus Premier members of a surprise deposit of extra Premier Qualifying Points (PQP) to their accounts to help jump start earning towards their 2023 Premier status goals. Since United extended the lowered Premier qualification thresholds offered at all levels last year, the personalized deposit gifts members 15% -20% of what they need to requalify for status through 2023.

Premier members’ deposit amounts will vary depending on:
  • The Premier status level reached at the end of 2021
  • Whether Premier status was earned or extended
    • Members who earned status, by either meeting the annual requirements or completing the Fly to the Finish challenge, will receive higher PQP deposit amounts
[
Print Wikipost

2022 Premier Earner Starter PQP posted (varies on elite level, how status achieved, )

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2022, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarkP24
I'm not convinced they'll do one as international travel seems to be opening up
Just wait until the threads with titles like "I'm a GS that flies exclusively US-Russia, United needs to give me a ten year extension on my GS status" start cropping up.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by DELee
We got a few months left in 2022 to see how/if folks return back to travel. Let's see if UA sees the numbers it wants and if it feels confident to get to the qual PQP numbers previously shown.

David
This is the more important point - it doesn't matter if international travel is open as such, if the numbers aren't coming back. Especially true for business travel which was such a big part of United's bread and butter.

Will be curious if international traveling opening up translates to a pickup in business travel this year.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Any late deposits?

I just called in and after 30 minutes on hold with UA in South Dakota will receive 525 PQP because Premier Silver through Marriott Bonv°y Titanium Elite is not "earned".

Better than nothing! ✈️
8MiHi and quikj like this.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Mar 21, 2022 at 6:40 am
Old Mar 29, 2022, 11:52 am

Heard from a reliable source - from within MP team at united - that FFers are coming back strong with TPAC and TATL flights.... and to expect no more bonuses or courtesy PQPs.. this rings true from observations around how full those flights are these days...
Old Mar 29, 2022, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Skytizen
this rings true from observations around how full those flights are these days...
While full flights can be used as the metric, the upgrade list is probably a better predictor; these days, full flights can have a ton of leisure travelers and fewer elites. During boarding of a recent flight, the gate agent actually read out aloud the number of GS and 1K pax, which provided further data about the leisure vs. elite split for that particular flight - this was a heavy business route, and the leisure group was multiples higher than the elite group.

All that said, I was even surprised UA gave out the starter PQP, but no more bonus PQPs were expected given the changing market conditions.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium
Heard from a reliable source - from within MP team at united - that FFers are coming back strong with TPAC and TATL flights.... and to expect no more bonuses or courtesy PQPs.. this rings true from observations around how full those flights are these days...
I'm booking 7-10 days out and typically looking at a middle seat. Loads (at least on routes I fly) are higher than pre-covid. Crazy...
Old Mar 30, 2022, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
I'm booking 7-10 days out and typically looking at a middle seat. Loads (at least on routes I fly) are higher than pre-covid. Crazy...
Yeah - most people who fly UA are nuts.

David
Old Mar 31, 2022, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post # 258)
Any late deposits?

I just called in and after 30 minutes on hold with UA in South Dakota will receive 525 PQP because Premier Silver through Marriott Bonv°y Titanium Elite is not "earned".

Better than nothing! ✈️
Ten days later I still have not received the promised PQP.

I guess I will just have to requalify as a Premier Silver member earning 3,000 PQP the old fashioned way.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I understand TATL is going strong, but TPAC? With 0 HKG, 0 PEK, 3 x weekly PVG, 4 x weekly SIN and 3 x daily TYO?
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Most of my flights have been very full as well, but some of that is probably do to the reduced number of flights as opposed to the increase in total travelers. I haven't seen TSA numbers on total passengers, but would expect it to be down from 2019 except for the holiday leisure travel times.

Realistically, I am not counting on any additional PQP promotions at least in Q2 &Q3, but maybe Q4 if they think the number of elites need a final push via a Fly to the Finish type offer.

Sacfitz
WVmike likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:35 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Sacfitz
..... I haven't seen TSA numbers on total passengers, but would expect it to be down from 2019 except for the holiday leisure travel times.....
TSA numbers for the past few weeks have been almost 90% of 2019. The bulk of the traffic per UA and other sources is domestic ... again about 90%. Domestic & leisure is back back to 2019 level. Corporate and international travel is lagging, down 20 to 30%. UA reports future bookings are near 2019 levels
WVmike likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Sacfitz
Most of my flights have been very full as well, but some of that is probably do to the reduced number of flights as opposed to the increase in total travelers….
And/or smaller planes. UA’s been flying a lot of Airbus between IAH and LAS with a flight ir two lower than prepandemic, but looks like mostly 738/9s again April forward.

Fewer flights and/or smaller planes can certainly fill up with higher passenger numbers. SFO-LAS has been packed, with fewer flights.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LT Platinum
Anecdotally from my own experience, GS travel is still very light which is typically a good signal of corporate travel. On all of my recent flights over the past month I am usually either the only GS boarding or one of 2-3 GS which is still massively down from 2019 and this is on flights to NYC and Denver from Chicago - both routes where there would normally be many GS.

Interesting other anecdote in terms of changing travel patterns is that my upgrade clearance rate has seen a sharp uptick recently. Last year was basically 0% CPU's and maybe 10% PP upgrade clearance as a GS with so many people just buying First for leisure routes. I suspect that behavior has pulled back as folks are now increasing leisure trips and decreasing spend per trip (and fewer folks booking First out of concern for being too close to other passengers during spikes in COVID which happened earlier in the pandemic). But still not seeing those F seats fully replaced by business travel.
DELee and gokeeper like this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Super long thread...

I just discovered this thread and I noticed I got nothing from UA. I first got UA Silver through Marriott Titanium in 2021. Am I entitled to anything?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Nothing for me. I emailed. They said they forwarded my request to the "development team".
A month later I called. I got someone in a foreign country who said "everything will be fine".
What trick did you use to get the PQP credited?
(and yes I qualified for gold by flying last year)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.