Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Premier Earner Starter PQP posted (varies on elite level, how status achieved, )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United is providing MP elites with PQP bonuses for 2022 (for 2023 qualifying), with credits to MP account starting Feb. 10. It appears this is in process of rolling out universally, so if you don't see PQP yet wait a bit.

Credits appear to be as follows, though some posts in the thread may vary from these figures. Matthew had an exchange confirming the program and reverse engineering these figures as well, below.

If you "earned" the status for 2022 (whether or not needing the various bonuses or fly to the finish) you receive an "earned bonus". If you received your status through an extension of past status or through being a million miler companion, you get the "starter bonus", which isn't as high.

GS: 3000 PQP
1K: Earned: 3000; Starter: 2250
Plat: Earned: 2000; Starter: 1500
Gold: Earned: 1400; Starter: 1050
Silver: Earned: 700; Starter: 525

The posting of the Starter PQPs in your account may initially be puzzling

In the summary activity, only the RDMs are shown and for the Starter PQPs, there are no RDMs, just PQPs
Looking further down you will see

Clicking on "View Full Activity details, where you will see the PQPs

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
United got back to me -

United is showing love to its most loyal customers just in time for Valentine’s Day.

Tomorrow, United will notify MileagePlus Premier members of a surprise deposit of extra Premier Qualifying Points (PQP) to their accounts to help jump start earning towards their 2023 Premier status goals. Since United extended the lowered Premier qualification thresholds offered at all levels last year, the personalized deposit gifts members 15% -20% of what they need to requalify for status through 2023.

Premier members’ deposit amounts will vary depending on:
  • The Premier status level reached at the end of 2021
  • Whether Premier status was earned or extended
    • Members who earned status, by either meeting the annual requirements or completing the Fly to the Finish challenge, will receive higher PQP deposit amounts
[
Print Wikipost

2022 Premier Earner Starter PQP posted (varies on elite level, how status achieved, )

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
1K here, 'earned,' and I got 3,000 PQP. Mrs. IMissthe747 is platinum, 'nearly earned' (less than 400PQP away from plat, then got FTTF), she got 2,000 PQP.

A nice surprise, thanks UA!
WVmike likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
3,000 showed up today. I was surprised when I logged in a little while ago. Earned 1k last year the hard way, even without the bonuses they gave away. (Earned it the hard way in 2020 as well for that matter)

I'll take the bonus, but I know I'll have no problem qualifying this year...the hard way again.
They are getting a jump start on the competition with this giveaway
WVmike likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat/*G, Marriott LT Gold, Global Entry
Also earned 1050 as a Gold, I came up a bit short last year but was extended. Have a couple of TATL flights tentatively planned for later this year (first time out of the US since 2019), hoping I'll requalify the old-fashioned way next time.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Thanks for fixing the wiki!

And yes, United do more for "earners."
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: MP
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I am 1K that had ~25,000 PQP last year.
Received 3,000 as the starter.
Same here...no idea it was happening. Did anyone receive communication from UA on this (email, text, etc.)?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Gold, received 1,400 PQP. Barely above 6k PQP with 17 PQF last year after 2 promotions; the last promotion bumped me up to 7k.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by gzinfo
Same here...no idea it was happening. Did anyone receive communication from UA on this (email, text, etc.)?
No e-mails that I've seen so far from UA - except about United Cruises...

David

p.s. Also got the 3K starter - whoohoo!
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Just checked my account after seeing this thread. 2250 PQP for extended 1K.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
No e-mails that I've seen so far from UA - except about United Cruises...

David

p.s. Also got the 3K starter - whoohoo!
Originally Posted by gzinfo

Per Matt from an earlier post (#87 - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33980584-post87.html) - announcement timing bolded for emphasis:

United is showing love to its most loyal customers just in time for Valentine’s Day.

Tomorrow, United will notify MileagePlus Premier members of a surprise deposit of extra Premier Qualifying Points (PQP) to their accounts to help jump start earning towards their 2023 Premier status goals. Since United extended the lowered Premier qualification thresholds offered at all levels last year, the personalized deposit gifts members 15% -20% of what they need to requalify for status through 2023.

Premier members’ deposit amounts will vary depending on:
  • The Premier status level reached at the end of 2021
  • Whether Premier status was earned or extended
    • Members who earned status, by either meeting the annual requirements or completing the Fly to the Finish challenge, will receive higher PQP deposit amounts
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CApreppie
Thanks for fixing the wiki!

And yes, United do more for "earners."
Except that MMers are treated as “non-earners” if they did not qualify for Gold (1MM), Platinum (2MM), 1K (3 MM) and GS (4+ MM), or higher status in 2021, respectively. This explained why PlusPoints were only extended to July 30 for them (1MM does not have PPs).
8MiHi likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Earned Silver (pure PQP) last year - got 700 posted today
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Except that MMers are treated as “non-earners” if they did not qualify for Gold (1MM), Platinum (2MM), 1K (3 MM) and GS (4+ MM), or higher status in 2021, respectively. This explained why PlusPoints were only extended to July 30 for them (1MM does not have PPs).
Do you think that lifetime gold should be considered earners if they didn't earn gold or better status by flying in 2021?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CApreppie
Do you think that lifetime gold should be considered earners if they didn't earn gold or better status by flying in 2021?
His/her status (1MM) cannot be lower than Premier Gold. In this sense, they earned the status in 2021. UA cannot give his/her the Premier Silver status if being treated as “a non-earner.”
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've received nothing. I'm a 1K who qualified naturally last year (no status extension). Definitely a little disappointing.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
I've received nothing. I'm a 1K who qualified naturally last year (no status extension). Definitely a little disappointing.
On the "my United" Summary, they tell you how much they provided on the "starter"... those who weren't given any starter do see '0' with a Feb 9 date of transaction..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.