Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

favorite restaurants/food places in UA hubs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

favorite restaurants/food places in UA hubs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2022, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: united
Originally Posted by Elola
Best used to be Classified at EWR, UA really needs to re-open it ASAP. In ORD Tortas, Wicker Park Sushi and Stefani's Tuscany are all solid. In SFO, DEN, IAH, LAX the Centurion Lounges are the best option.
Classified was great. Good food and very quiet- I could do work there. I liked it better than the Newark UC's.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:00 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
...I haven't really found anything decent to go at LAX...
If not T7, < 5 min walk to T6 has some solid options
Old Jan 27, 2022, 5:27 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by matthopp
I enjoy the Snarfs at DEN, granted its in terminal A by the United Express gates. Great sandwiches, never had them before, the one positive of flying the CRJ2's through DEN.
So true! Snarfs is a great chain in the Denver area. Their location in the A gates is the only bright spot to flying in and out of A.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Right on cue… (and pretty impressive production put into an SNL skit)…and with a UA reference IIRC

https://youtu.be/6d7Vk_qaiB8
Haha. Thanks for posting, hadn't seen that one.
Love that there is a United Express gate counter behind it the whole time!
uastarflyer and chavala like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Right on cue… (and pretty impressive production put into an SNL skit)…and with a UA reference IIRC

https://youtu.be/6d7Vk_qaiB8
I like the UA express and all the destinations on the electronic board in background are cancelled flights to CLE!
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I’ll vote for Rubys at IAH. Very well ran burger joint. I’ll also add Classified at EWR, I hope it comes back.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Pappadeux in IAH has always been a favorite. Leah Chase in MSY has great gumbo & fried chicken. Harry & Izzy in IND best shrimp cocktail! Little Purse dumplings in EWR is a guilty pleasure but overpriced. Internationally, the little sushi restaurant in NRT and Bretzel Koenig (sunflower seed pretzel) in the rail station under ZRH. Ok now I'm hungry.

AW
tcdtcd likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I really enjoy the Maine Lobster Roll at Yankee Pier SFO.
Old May 3, 2022, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM / Hilton Diamond / Bonvoy Gold / Hertz PC
May as well add another vote for Elways. Phenomenal and actual steakhouse quality.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
McDonalds at ORD because they still have the steak egg and cheese bagel which most markets no longer carry.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Just found this thread! Looking to avoid Polaris meals on a September ORD - ZRH flight. Was considering the German place (I love Reubens) but am intrigued by Tortas Frontera - I Googled some photos and the sandwiches look amazing.

Two questions:

1. Would any of them last, say, two hours from buying one to eating it an hour into my flight? Or are they best devoured immediately . . .?
2. If I ate in the airport are there any tables? I saw some high bar stools but due to recent surgery, those wouldn't be an option. Or are there tables nearby that one can use to eat take out food that are open to ANY restaurant food ie not meant for McDonalds (for example) customers.

THANKS!
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:38 pm

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
The UA app, via the ORD airport map, has a link to their website and menus.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
Just found this thread! Looking to avoid Polaris meals on a September ORD - ZRH flight. Was considering the German place (I love Reubens) but am intrigued by Tortas Frontera - I Googled some photos and the sandwiches look amazing.

Two questions:

1. Would any of them last, say, two hours from buying one to eating it an hour into my flight? Or are they best devoured immediately . . .?
2. If I ate in the airport are there any tables? I saw some high bar stools but due to recent surgery, those wouldn't be an option. Or are there tables nearby that one can use to eat take out food that are open to ANY restaurant food ie not meant for McDonalds (for example) customers.

THANKS!
If you are booked in Polaris, I would eat at the Polaris Lounge and sleep on the flight. The options are different, but generally it is on par with Tortas Frontera (better than Berghoff, I think), and the price is included in your ticket.

If you haven't time to eat beforehand (although it seems you expect you will?), the Tortas Frontera sandwiches are good for several hours, so no issue doing that if you choose.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:52 pm

At EWR I has to be the UC. Why? Best I could tell Little Purse dumplings doesn't serve, wait for it - dumplings. So off to any of the same places scattered around. Two adult beverages and some food and you are at $50. For that I would rather just but a day pass to UC and be comfortable and have what I want.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AugustW
Leah Chase in MSY has great gumbo & fried chicken.
I stopped there one morning just for a bowl of hot grits.
AugustW likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.