Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Flew LHR-LAX yesterday, UA935.

Food underwhelming.

No menus. No bread basket.

Will post pictures later.

Presentation is better...that I appreciate. Still, the halibut and new cauliflower salad left me unsatisfied and FAs were strict...one dessert per person. Before pandemic, it was never a problem to get ice cream and cheese and petit fours. I do like the new desserts. Ice cream dish (and mid-flight I was able to get a slice of cake) was great...huge improvement in that over the coach stuff.

But I have to say, I flew JetBlue to London in Mint and the difference is just night and day.

One other note - the food in the United Club at LHR is really good. Had some Shepards Pie and roast chicken...yum.
mdtakamine, tcdtcd and zeer0 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 11:59 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Also, are slippers available US-Europe? (If so, I won't have to bring my own.)
Yes. Had them on both ORD-LHR and vv this week. They were not handed out, however. They were placed in a basket in from of Polaris for you to take.
sfvoyage likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
They were placed in a basket in from front of Polaris for you to take.
Same for me on ORD-BRU earlier this week.
sfvoyage likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX

Food underwhelming.

Will post pictures later.

Presentation is better...that I appreciate. Still, the halibut and new cauliflower salad left me unsatisfied and FAs were strict...one dessert per person. Before pandemic, it was never a problem to get ice cream and cheese and petit fours. I do like the new desserts. Ice cream dish (and mid-flight I was able to get a slice of cake) was great...huge improvement in that over the coach stuff.

But I have to say, I flew JetBlue to London in Mint and the difference is just night and day.

One other note - the food in the United Club at LHR is really good. Had some Shepards Pie and roast chicken...yum.
Lol what. I have been allowed multiple desserts at once with the new tray service. Given the size of the mains, it's almost necessary.

Seems they did leave out the left-over desserts in the galley after they went around? If so I guess best strategy is ask for ice cream, then get up and help yourself to the remainders once they've gotten down the aisle. There's almost always a handful of cheese plates left.
SPN Lifer and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold

Food underwhelming.

Should surprise nobody.
worldtrav and zeer0 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat/1MM, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, NEXUS
Anyone to chime in regarding Polaris service for AM flights to Europe, such as UA 934 from EWR to LHR which departs at 0830 AM?
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TurboTing
Anyone to chime in regarding Polaris service for AM flights to Europe, such as UA 934 from EWR to LHR which departs at 0830 AM?
Yes. A rather sad change, IME.
  • Fruit Appetizer
    • Vanilla yogurt with coconut-turmeric granola, goji berries, blueberries, orange blossom honey, and mint
  • Main course:
  • Gruyere-cocotte egg
    • With fried avocado, smoked turkey bacon, and tomato Hollandaise sauce
  • OR
  • Apple ricotta crepes
    • With caramelized peaches, caramel drizzle, waffle crumbs, and toasted hazelnuts
Thai chicken or butternut ravioli for the pre-arrival meal.

I thought the steak and eggs ex-EWR/IAD on the AM LHR flights were nice.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Has anyone had the cocotte eggs yet? Is it runny or well done? I can’t stand (and won’t eat) runny eggs! 🤮😂
Old Jun 3, 2022, 3:16 pm

Yes. A rather sad change, IME.
  • Fruit Appetizer
    • Vanilla yogurt with coconut-turmeric granola, goji berries, blueberries, orange blossom honey, and mint
  • Main course:
  • Gruyere-cocotte egg
    • With fried avocado, smoked turkey bacon, and tomato Hollandaise sauce
  • OR
  • Apple ricotta crepes
    • With caramelized peaches, caramel drizzle, waffle crumbs, and toasted hazelnuts
Thai chicken or butternut ravioli for the pre-arrival meal.

I thought the steak and eggs ex-EWR/IAD on the AM LHR flights were nice.
And the cheese omelette with a side of ham on the morning FRA-ORD was pretty good as well!

I guess the coconut milk overnight oats is gone as well?
Old Jun 3, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
And the cheese omelette with a side of ham on the morning FRA-ORD was pretty good as well!

I guess the coconut milk overnight oats is gone as well?
This is USA - UK breakfast (IAD/EWR-LHR only)

I did post the other Europe/UK - USA breakfast menu above, which is also kind of sad.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:12 pm

Yeah Matthew, I get that. I was joining your sadness in rueing some of the lost breakfast items. 😀
Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
... FAs were strict...one dessert per person. Before pandemic, it was never a problem to get ice cream and cheese and petit fours....
Hopefully an isolated incident. Or maybe it was mis-catered and they were short

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Has anyone had the cocotte eggs yet? Is it runny or well done? I can’t stand (and won’t eat) runny eggs! 🤮😂
If it is supposed to be still runny, I'd be this will vary widely depending on FA based on the varying temperatures I've received my meat (medium to well-well done) and rice (ice cold to luke warm).
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Cissigys
Wait - is that a typo on the menu about Pajamas being available? (towards the lower righthand side) Since when are Pajamas available to Europe?
I just assumed it was a typo but didn't ask. Certainly didn't see anyone wearing UA PJ's.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 12:51 am

Programs: UA GS
Flew EWR-LHR yesterday. I only planned to sleep but inquired about possibly getting just the ice cream and a cocktail. They described the ice cream as “already covered in a hard chocolate shell like what you’d get at Dairy Queen”.

When it came time to be served they were extremely apologetic because though they had the other desserts they had only been catered a packaged lemon sorbet. So apologetic that pre-landing they gave me a $150 ETC! I said it was unnecessary but they insisted and said “your feedback is necessary so they change”

Side note this was the best crew I can remember in a LONG time. Received a hand-written thank you note from the purser, a business card thank-you from the captain, multiple crew thanking me for being GS, and what I just mentioned. Felt like a rockstar.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Question: Can you choose the time you eat the "main" meal in Polaris? I am flying SFO-SIN in August and take off time is 11:00PM...and I am guessing they serve the first meal an hour after take-off. And I will probably have already eaten dinner in SFO and would like to go to sleep as fast as possible. Can I ask the FA to hold my meal until I wake up say 8 hours later? (Rather then skip it and rely on whatever the "mid flight snack" is) Or does that cause huge problems for the FA's if I ask this request?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.