Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
Any recent reports on Kosher meals EWR-TLV and return TLV-EWR in business?
Old May 25, 2022, 12:37 pm

How about vegetarian meals in J for SFO-CDG? AVML or VGML (apparently VLML is not available at the moment).
Old May 25, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Just completed UA33 NRT-LAX. Not much to report. PDB was offered. Dinner choice was beef, chicken or fish. No menu, no wine list. Champagne was Gosset, which I had not seen on UA flights before. No dessert, unless the brownie was considered the dessert. Flight full in J and P-E and only a few vacant middle seats in Y. A complete change from 6-12 months ago when flights were empty and upgrades cleared on booking. Flights are also much more expensive. But the money certainly isn’t going into F&B service. 😳
Old May 25, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA
Any updates on offerings for June?
Old May 25, 2022, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by angetenar
Any updates on offerings for June?
Haven't seen an updates yet.
Old May 26, 2022, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Just completed UA33 NRT-LAX. Not much to report. PDB was offered. Dinner choice was beef, chicken or fish. No menu, no wine list. Champagne was Gosset, which I had not seen on UA flights before. No dessert, unless the brownie was considered the dessert. Flight full in J and P-E and only a few vacant middle seats in Y. A complete change from 6-12 months ago when flights were empty and upgrades cleared on booking. Flights are also much more expensive. But the money certainly isn’t going into F&B service. 😳
Sounds so underwhelming. I am flying in two weeks on this flight, and hoping the supposed to be "back-to-normal" meal services in June gets materialized. But, with UA, anyway to defer cost is possible.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: United 1K/*G, HHonors Platinum
restlessRNO, we must have been on the same flight.

Warm nuts and a decent Cab

Dinner. Beef was tender and nice, the rest not so good.

After landing, it took 15 minutes to go through 5-6 stations for verification of various documents and the QR code from the MySOS app's green page and a nasal swab covid test. Then a 50-min wait for the results which were announced as 4-digit numbers called (matching what they affix to your passport's back cover) in Japanese. So learning Japanese numbers from 0 to 9 may help. Then it took 5 min to go through immigration/customs. Mid-afternoon arrival probably helped.
About 90 minutes before arrival which was about midnight in LAX and 1PM in NRT, they served an egg-dish with sausages, poorly warmed up. A flight attendant came and apologized for that. During the flight, service was very good actually, pro-actively asking for refills. The problem is that the food selection is so poor there is not much attendants can do. Returning on NH out of HND so despite the late departure time I am actually looking forward to the food!
BTW, after a 2-hour nap, I woke up and a flight attendant was unhooking her iPhone/USB connection on my tray. She said "she borrowed my power". I was taken aback but I found it odd.
gioannis13 likes this.

Last edited by selo; May 26, 2022 at 7:17 pm Reason: I forgot to add.
Old May 27, 2022, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by jewree
FRA-SFO
UA927
Meal: dinner and pre-arrival meal

Overall, I'd say the food was not good, but, it looks to be inching slightly closer to some kind of lower end mediocre.
So would this be "damned by faint praise?"
Old May 28, 2022, 6:33 am

Programs: UA 1k
No PDB LHR-EWR today even will empty seats in Polaris. Standard offering: beef, chicken or pasta.
Old May 28, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by selo
BTW, after a 2-hour nap, I woke up and a flight attendant was unhooking her iPhone/USB connection on my tray. She said "she borrowed my power". I was taken aback but I found it odd.
WOW, never heard of that before. They have a plug in the galley.. There were no empty seats on the whole plane? That would have sucked if you were landing and found your phone have no power because the FA wanted to use your cable.
Old May 28, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: HHonors - Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AA PLT, UA, LH
Berlin - EWR
UA 963

No PDB, no menu, no wine list, no hot towels, no beverage / nut service. Everything served all on one tray.

No real dessert or appetizer or limes for cocktails "because of Covid"

Roll cold, butter frozen, yet ice cream cup melted

"Beef, Chicken or Ravioli" for lunch option

Cheeseburger or Vegetables with CousCous for arrival service
Old May 28, 2022, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by N828AW
Berlin - EWR
UA 963

No PDB, no menu, no wine list, no hot towels, no beverage / nut service. Everything served all on one tray.
lazy crew?
Old May 28, 2022, 3:12 pm

I don't understand why UA refuses to offer refills on the nuts. It's very petty!

So much so that I remember to always bring a small stash when I'm flying UA.
santarosaflyer likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: United currently plat
June 1 can't come soon enough!
Old May 28, 2022, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
IAH-GRU

This wasn't good at all. Really dry salmon with a weird tasteless sauce.
The only positive thing on this meal was the lack of that awful lemon sorbet.
Glad I ate at the Polaris Lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.