Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Worldwide) & Premium Plus (Domestic)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Worldwide) & Premium Plus (Domestic)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
SFO-MUC with the luxury of my traveling companion and I having 2 middle empty E+ seats between us on a 773.

Dinner: Choice of chicken teriyaki with noodles or pasta with red sauce
Mid-flight snack: A turkey sandwich
Breakfast: Choice of waffle or breafkast egg, cheese potato and meat scramble

The mid-flight snack was nonexistent on a ORD-FCO flight I took this year and the breakfast was also more substantial than yogurt and biscotti. Chicken teriyaki tasted fine but the noodle consistency was a bit soft/chewy. Breakfast scramble was edible. I do like the new Aha (Coca-Cola flavored water) choices (2) they had.

A professional crew in economy.

unitedbusiness and ll22949 like this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA
Midflight sandwich looks improved compared to what they were serving 6 months ago.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Midflight sandwich looks improved compared to what they were serving 6 months ago.
Yes, more than one thin deli slice of chicken/turkey! Small victories 🙄
Old Oct 3, 2022, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Please elaborate on the meat-to-bread ratio.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FRA-SFO 773, E+

Nibsnibs given out with first drink serivce
Dinner was choice of curry chicken with rice and red pepper on top with potato salad and brownie (taken off in photo) or tortellini pasta. Nice to not get sorbet as the brownie was quite good. Curry was quite tasty. Better than outbound chicken teriyaki with mushy noodles. I thought it could have used a bit of salt but I held back. I think the dish could easily be served in Polaris in more quantity. They could even do a fish or beef curry.
Midflight snack was a bag with Kit Kat and a couple packages of crackers
Pre-arrival was that a turkey sandwich and fruit

Perfunctory crew. Not particularly engaging and seemed to want to rush through service.

On this flight I noticed E+ only got the new neck pillows. I had a woman in the E+ window seat that was reserved for my party. I said we are sitting here and had my boarding passes out to show. She rudely said I'm here and made no attempt to even pull out her boarding pass. I immediately called and FA rather than argue with this adamant person. FA had her check her BP and she was in the E- window seat behind us. Was she trying to poach E+? Then she proceeded to ask for the extra neck pillow in my row of three seats and we said no, and then she huffed about that after she treated us so poorly initially. She then kept both her window shades up when FAs asked to lower them to sleep? My seat partner tried to lower the window shade that was in between the rows and then she slid it up. Did she need to keep them both open? She then told a person upon disembarking - you aren't going to cut in front of me. The rudest passenger I've directly encountered in awhile.

SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by CApreppie; Oct 6, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Old Oct 6, 2022, 3:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, HH Diamond
4OCT22 UA139 KEF-EWR

Lunch:
Cheeseburger or veggie burger, with lettuce tomato pickle onions on the side (this was nothing like the higher quality domestic cheeseburger)
Lay's potato chips, salted
Nibnibs, pesto mini breadsticks
Prince Polo, chocolate wafer

Pre arrival snack:
Chicken club sandwich (half of a sandwich, 1.5" x 4")
(the pre arrival snack for the crew was the toasted sandwich from two posts above)
Old Oct 20, 2022, 10:31 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Southwest RapidRewards
Is there a way to get a kids / toddler friendly meal in Premium Plus service?

Taking the fam to Hawaii in a week and surprising my wife (mostly) and toddler with a Premium Plus upgrade each way - and I know my kiddo isnt going to eat Thai Chicken.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DonnieZ
Is there a way to get a kids / toddler friendly meal in Premium Plus service?

Taking the fam to Hawaii in a week and surprising my wife (mostly) and toddler with a Premium Plus upgrade each way - and I know my kiddo isnt going to eat Thai Chicken.
I believe there is still a kiddy snack box. However maybe just dont tell your kid its Thai chicken. It doesnt have Thai flavour. Just tastes like chicken and noodles.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 10:56 am

No recent updates on what's being served USA-Japan, now that the country is open anyone have a recent experience? Traveling SFO-HND on November 19th.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Premier,, AAdvantage Gold, InterContinental Ambassador
Premier flying Economy Plus on UA 332 IAH to GDL Sunday. Single cup of water and Biscott? Should I grab something in IAH?
Old Oct 28, 2022, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dynastar
No recent updates on what's being served USA-Japan, now that the country is open anyone have a recent experience? Traveling SFO-HND on November 19th.
same as SFO-FRA/MUC above.
SPN Lifer, CApreppie and Dynastar like this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I flew SFO-NRT Wednesday morning in E+ and enjoyed the vegetarian option, nice Indian food with white rice in the middle third. Pre-arrival I had the waffle; the sauce was too sweet for my taste.
CApreppie likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
I flew SFO-NRT Wednesday morning in E+ and enjoyed the vegetarian option, nice Indian food with white rice in the middle third. Pre-arrival I had the waffle; the sauce was too sweet for my taste.
Any blueberries (>3) on the waffle?

David
Old Oct 29, 2022, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I don't recall, but it was not a micro-waffle. In fact, there were two on top of each other, and perhaps rectangular rather than round.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
You just added another data point to that United should offer curry in Polaris (Thai or Indian) as it seems to be quite tasty and holds up very well for plane food. If meat soaks in curry, it tends to improve the flavor as well as the rice. Win win. At this time, UA seems to not that be interested in presentation so it might as well be tasty and filling then.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.