Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The UA Frequent Flyer Quiz Thread: Where Is This?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The UA Frequent Flyer Quiz Thread: Where Is This?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2023, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kmxu
A few airports have this type of ramp; such as MRY, BUR, and KOA, which I visited before.
I don’t think UAX has been spotted at KOA…
Wooglin likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
The CO force is strong. But incorrect.

Here's another hint- where do you find these two stations right now:

David
Houston B?

Edit - never mind - B already guessed. I’ll try LAS.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I dunno, but I wanna go!
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Houston B?

Edit - never mind - B already guessed. I’ll try LAS.
Not LAS either.

OK - one more photographic hint.

David
Old Feb 9, 2023, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Not LAS either.

OK - one more photographic hint.

David
I've never been to the UC there, and wouldn't have expected this view to be possible -- is this what I"m missing up the escalator? -- but the advertising and airport signage are DEN.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Inhabited surface of the Moon?
DEN?
Somewhere vaguely mountain-y?
Originally Posted by Kmxu
A few airports have this type of ramp; such as MRY, BUR, and KOA, which I visited before.
None of the airports listed in these two responses.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 4:38 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jsloan
I've never been to the UC there, and wouldn't have expected this view to be possible -- is this what I"m missing up the escalator? -- but the advertising and airport signage are DEN.
Yep... going with DEN. Aside from the line down the concourse (which seems to be typical of late (partially because the only other club is [IIRC] still closed for refurb and expansion) the brown-tinted grey with red underline wayfinding signage [left of doors] and ADA door operator push plate that's been abused to the point of disintegration [right of doors under the UC hours signage] confirm it. Club is up the escalator -- current club is two stories up [missing the mezzanine floor]... From what I understand as the renovations occur the clubs are expanding vertically to make use of the mezz space... not sure what, if anything that will mean for the escalators.
jsloan, SPN Lifer and MarkyMarc like this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Yep... going with DEN. Aside from the line down the concourse (which seems to be typical of late (partially because the only other club is [IIRC] still closed for refurb and expansion) the brown-tinted grey with red underline wayfinding signage [left of doors] and ADA door operator push plate that's been abused to the point of disintegration [right of doors under the UC hours signage] confirm it. Club is up the escalator -- current club is two stories up [missing the mezzanine floor]... From what I understand as the renovations occur the clubs are expanding vertically to make use of the mezz space... not sure what, if anything that will mean for the escalators.
im all in for Denver
Old Feb 9, 2023, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Slightly off-topic but assuming it's DEN, is this a former CO Presidents Club or a former RCC that just happens to look like former PC?
Old Feb 9, 2023, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by jsloan
Originally Posted by tryathlete
im all in for Denver
DEN is correct. And, yes, that was the line to wait to get in earlier this week.

Originally Posted by st530
Slightly off-topic but assuming it's DEN, is this a former CO Presidents Club or a former RCC that just happens to look like former PC?
I don't think so but I'll let the CO PC and UA RCC old timers fight it out.

David
jsloan likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 8:20 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by st530
I never flew through DEN prior to the big bang but afaik and as far as I can tell both the east and west clubs are pmUA and essentially mirror image of each other -- google says the pmCO PClub was on concourse A (which makes some sense since originally CO had its own hub in DEN -- but that got pulled down not long before the move from Stapleton)
Old Feb 10, 2023, 11:00 am

From an old-timer, yet young whipper-snapper that was always a Red Carpet Club - that dark wood just threw me off into thinking it was a legacy PC. B-East and B-West were basically mirror images of themselves. But always an RCC.
SPN Lifer, lincolnjkc and st530 like this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 3:21 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

This one is probably an instant solve, but I liked the fauna obstruction.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
How about PHX?
Old Feb 10, 2023, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
img

This one is probably an instant solve, but I liked the fauna obstruction.
Might be way off here — PBI?
Old Feb 10, 2023, 3:44 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Wow this one is doing better than I thought.

It is not PBI or PHX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.