Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA amenity kits (2021 & onward)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2023, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by angetenar
JonNYC reported that there are new amenity kits beginning in august, so maybe clearing out old inventory + supply chain issues (lol)? I had a LHR-SFO flight earlier this month which had the normal hard shell case.
Just United penny pinching again
Old Jul 21, 2023, 11:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
Yeah, I saw that after I posted. But really, what could possibly be better than the little Away suitcases? I still have a few of those oval tins . . . .
We still regularly use the circa 2010 drawstring bags. And the Away mini cases. And a few of the circa 2012 flat mesh zip ones.

ARR72 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 3:40 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by leftysauce
just flew BER-IAD yesterday and received the purple pouch too. I asked the purser if they forgot to load the blue ones and she said they are burning the stock since new kits are coming in August
I came here to post this exact same thing. We were apparently on the same flight.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 8:09 am

Programs: UA GS, AA ExP
Originally Posted by mechteach
I came here to post this exact same thing. We were apparently on the same flight.
Flew ORD-LHR and back this week and the same thing. While I dont mind...the way United keeps treating it's premium customers, I am not happy about it. It's not like United is competitively pricing the damn Polaris product! It continues to be exhorbitantly priced, they continue to treat GS customers as those wanting to milk the service and continue to scale down the offering while raising prices. The least United can do is keep their end of the bargain and offer Polaris product for the prices they charge. If they want to use up the inventory of Premium Plus amenity kit, how about giving it to the economy passengers!!!!
sorry rant over.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 8:28 am

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
EWR-FRA last week was the ‘old’ blue Away case, DXB-EWR last night was the cheaper premium economy purple pouch.

rumors that the new amenity cases in August are a paper bag to be cheaper more environmentally friendly are not confirmed
WheelsUpGal and benewr like this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 8:57 am

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
received the typical Hawaii kit last week on flights to and from Kauai, even on the 737 from LAX
Old Jul 23, 2023, 9:26 am

Programs: United, Southwest
What is the "typical Hawaii kit"??? The United Polaris amenity that I have used the most is this little pouch from Cowshed. It has a real zipper. Later versions had a slider, like a Ziploc bag. This little case (used to have tiny versions of Cowshed products) goes everywhere with me. Inside the yellow bag are some earbuds.

Old Jul 23, 2023, 9:42 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Got the “purple” kit in Polaris on my flight to Japan today. It’s skimpy. Not impressed.
jkallet likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
What is the "typical Hawaii kit"???
I assume it is still this one?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34089903-post62.html
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
UA923 LAX-LHR 07/23/23

Polaris:

PremiumPlus:

David
8MiHi likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I received the purple one this past weekend for the first time.

I can definitely find use for it.

I wonder what new amenity kit we will be getting. An upgrade?
Old Jul 23, 2023, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by econ
yep, it's that one
Old Jul 24, 2023, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
What is the "typical Hawaii kit"??? The United Polaris amenity that I have used the most is this little pouch from Cowshed. It has a real zipper. Later versions had a slider, like a Ziploc bag. This little case (used to have tiny versions of Cowshed products) goes everywhere with me. Inside the yellow bag are some earbuds.

I really like these (the zipper ones). I have a couple that I use for foreign currency / coin storage.
The slider ones broke easily.

I was trying to remember their origin. Were these the little kits that used to be given in the IFL/GFL showers?
I kind of remember them having 4 little bottles inside.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 6:44 am

Programs: United, Southwest
The Cowshed Ziipper pouch came in the "fake leather" kits . . .

And the Cowshed pouch with the zip lock closure came in these "Blue Clamshell" kits:

I only have one of the fake leather but now that I see it again, ti's really nice. It's soft and it has that little fabric loop on the top so you can hang it in the bathroom. Never took a shower in a United club but maybe the Cowshed samples were there too? I don't fly Polaris a lot . . . I did try Virgin and Delta on one TATL trip and Norwegian . . . .Glad someone else still uses the Cowshed pouch! And thanks for the "Hawaii" kit pic. I thought maybe there was something Hawaiian about it? A floral print or some macadamia nuts? As a teen I flew to Hawaii in 1971 when they had just opened up the route a couple years earlier. The design of the plane "walls" was sort of a subtle Hawaiian print. Might have even been island music on one of the 'channels' of audio.
goodeats21 and Dyce like this.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 6:55 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
SYD-SFO 15-Jul-23: No amenity kit in Polaris. Crew said they apparently didn't load them. I wonder if that was a one time issue or part of the transition to something new?
WheelsUpGal likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.