Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Why no food on 4+ hour UA USA-Central America (and Canada?) flights in Y?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why no food on 4+ hour UA USA-Central America (and Canada?) flights in Y?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by N1120A
Larry the older white guy from T1? If I remember correctly, he got bumped from TF entirely the year before COVID due to some changes in the restaurants and some senior folks cascading. He was always kinda crusty, but once he knew you he was the absolute nicest dude. He'd always make my margaritas perfectly.

My wife let me know it was open. It wasn't open in December and I've not been through ORD in a while.
Larry was definitely there in October 2019.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 12:41 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I'm flying SJO to LAX in mid-November. I believe that's 6 1/2 hours.... i'm debating just buying up to first to guarantee the seat but if I'm in Y I'll report back on food options.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by N1120A
Larry the older white guy from T1? If I remember correctly, he got bumped from TF entirely the year before COVID due to some changes in the restaurants and some senior folks cascading. He was always kinda crusty, but once he knew you he was the absolute nicest dude. He'd always make my margaritas perfectly.

My wife let me know it was open. It wasn't open in December and I've not been through ORD in a while.
I’ll be through ORD this weekend, so will try to stop by and post an update.

not sure of the names, but definitely know the older guy. However, We always used to like the younger (-almost mid-age), maybe I’ll describe as ‘pudgy’ guy who was always great to us - especially with our kids. I definitely saw him one of my last per-pandemic trips through ORD (maybe Jan. 2020), but I know there were a few trips in the year or so before that we never saw him, so not sure if he was gone for a while or what happened.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 5:37 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by physioprof
Larry was definitely there in October 2019.
Might have been. I know he was getting bumped, but not sure when that was due or the effect COVID had.

Originally Posted by emcampbe
I’ll be through ORD this weekend, so will try to stop by and post an update.

not sure of the names, but definitely know the older guy. However, We always used to like the younger (-almost mid-age), maybe I’ll describe as ‘pudgy’ guy who was always great to us - especially with our kids. I definitely saw him one of my last per-pandemic trips through ORD (maybe Jan. 2020), but I know there were a few trips in the year or so before that we never saw him, so not sure if he was gone for a while or what happened.
I know that guy too. He was very nice, but didn't make drinks as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.