Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why CLE UC is the best.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2021, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Why CLE UC is the best.

Video/entertainment room

Desk area

Office area.

family lounges All images obtained at 3pm local time.

Having been through a few UCs in the last week I figured I would post these images of the probably the nicest UC of the bunch. The place is almost always spotless. Never super crowded. In addition to the above the staff is incredibly friendly here.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA GS
I have not had a chance to visit the CLE UC. Thanks for posting these pics. I suspect you may have some disagreement on labeling it the best.🙂
Guate87 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:11 pm

It is an excellent club.
Lurch likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by trk1
It is an excellent club.
The agents at the CLE UC can handle complex IRROPS issues as well or better than anyone I've come across.
Lurch, SPN Lifer and nomad420 like this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Have never had the pleasure of visiting the CLE UC, but based on posted photos, I like it. Looks cozy!
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
CLE is great.

its a shanda that they de-hubletted it.
iluv2fly and nomad420 like this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
I have not had a chance to visit the CLE UC. Thanks for posting these pics. I suspect you may have some disagreement on labeling it the best.🙂
Having been in EWR,BOS, ORD, SFO, LAX, and IAH over last 3 weeks I would love to hear from others as to what UC (not Polaris) they feel is the best. CLE has been my long time personal favorite. I wouldn’t even mind hearing which ones get honorable mention. I obviously know a few stinkers in the batch but I’ll reserve those comments for later.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by nomad420
Having been in EWR,BOS, ORD, SFO, LAX, and IAH over last 3 weeks I would love to hear from others as to what UC (not Polaris) they feel is the best. CLE has been my long time personal favorite. I wouldn’t even mind hearing which ones get honorable mention. I obviously know a few stinkers in the batch but I’ll reserve those comments for later.
To me, the LAX UC is the obvious one. The ORD T2 UC is pretty good, too. There's nothing wrong with the others other than the EWR UC always seemed too hot inside.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 5:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nomad420
Having been in EWR,BOS, ORD, SFO, LAX, and IAH over last 3 weeks I would love to hear from others as to what UC (not Polaris) they feel is the best. ....
PreCovid discussion Best Domestic United Club
Old Sep 21, 2021, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hmmm, never thought it was the best, although really, other United Clubs are pretty pedestrian. The last time I was there, the breakfast offerings sucked. But then, that's United. I actually can't think of a better one. HongKong is probably the worst international IMHO.
roberto99 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 6:00 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Adding to the chorus: The CLE agents -- which you can usually find in the UC and I'm a little surprised no one was in frame (did Carol duck? ) -- are awesome -- not just good agents but good friends. Not just good at solving operational issues, good at solving life issues

Bar staff and housekeeping are also way more personable than other clubs I spend a statistically relevant amount of time in. While I'm digging the pretzels and nacho cheese the only two improvements I would ask for would be the hot dogs from ORD and a Freestyle machine.

Legend has it there's a pannini press in the back room though.

Many jokes have been made that my office-away-from-the-office (also known as "Cube 13") should have my nameplate next to the entrance.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Simply the best because it is nearly empty.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 6:38 pm

Programs: United, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz, National
I'm obviously biased, but as my hometown UC club, I second the motion that the CLE club is the best!
Old Sep 21, 2021, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
I haven’t been since the very early morning of 11/3/2016 (you CLE poeple should know the date😂 - Cubs G7 win👍👍&#128077.
I liked it, small, nice folks, but seemed very Red Carpet Club-ish.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 6:45 pm

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
was my hometown (maybe, technically still is) club for years..... we should keep this quiet because it is so good and empty

several years ago have nice chat/meeting with The Fonz.... he was in town for an event..... he was a cool as his Happy Days days!

let me take a picture.....doubt any of that would have happened in EWR.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.