Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA CLEAR promos -- latest 15K miles for signup by 1 April 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2021, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
If your miles/credits are not posting from the promo, contact United. If you contact Clear, they will tell you to contact United (as United is the one issuing the miles/credit).

Current Promo
https://www.clearme.com/partner/unit...al-clr-tcwldui
United MileagePlus Premier Members: Sign Up Now to Receive Your Special CLEAR Rate and 15,000 Miles

May 27 through July 9, 2022, United MileagePlus® members will receive 10,000 miles and MileagePlus Premier® members will receive 15,000 miles when they sign up for CLEAR®. Trade the airport lines for vacation time with faster, easier and touchless travel. Terms and conditions apply.

Offer for new CLEAR members only. Must be a MileagePlus Premier member or cobranded cardholder to qualify for 15,000 miles. General MileagePlus members will receive 10,000 miles. Offer valid from May 27, 2022 through July 9, 2022. Members must enroll in CLEAR through the offer landing page in order to qualify. This offer is not combinable with any other offer. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus® program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. Please allow 6-8 weeks after completed qualifying activity for miles to post to your account. United® may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines® and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus

[older / expired promos]
March 17 through April 1, 2022, United MileagePlus® Premier® members receive 15,000 miles when they sign up for CLEAR. Trade the airport lines for vacation time with faster, easier and touchless travel. Terms and conditions apply.

Members must be a MileagePlus Premier member to qualify. Offer valid from March 17 through April 1, 2022. Members must enroll in CLEAR through offer landing page in order to qualify. This offer is not combinable with any other offer. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus® program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. Please allow 6-8 weeks after completed qualifying activity for miles to post to your account. United® may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines® and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com. Offer subject to change without notice.
$100 TravelBank credit and 2 free months for Clear signup
Promo ended (original link, here.)
Offer valid for the first 10,000 MileagePlus members to purchase a subscription for CLEAR. Offer ends on 11:59 CST September 9, 2021, or once all 10,000 offers have been claimed, whichever happens earlier. Members must enroll in CLEAR through offer landing page in order to qualify. TravelBank recipients will receive a confirmation email within 72 hours of enrolling in CLEAR. TravelBank credits will be valid for 9 months after the credit is deposited into member’s accounts. TravelBank credits will be deposited on or before September 15, 2021.

Print Wikipost

UA CLEAR promos -- latest 15K miles for signup by 1 April 2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by bakrgby
what? Currently there is a promo where if you are a premier and sign up for clear you get 15k miles, I am wondering if this also applies to 1K?
1K provides free CLEAR, but if you want to fork over 15K, I am sure it can be arranged.

You have to use 15K miles, but if you are 1K, it would be zero miles.

You are not going to "get" 15k miles.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 9:57 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Repooc17
1K provides free CLEAR, but if you want to fork over 15K, I am sure it can be arranged.

You have to use 15K miles, but if you are 1K, it would be zero miles.
The promo is
United MileagePlus Premier Members: Sign Up Now to Receive Your Special CLEAR Rate and 15,000 Miles
March 17 through April 1, 2022, United MileagePlus® Premier® members receive 15,000 miles when they sign up for CLEAR.
Originally Posted by Repooc17
You are not going to "get" 15k miles.
The question is if a 1K member would get "free" CLEAR and the 15K miles.
Seems nonsensical but ???
chavala and delpiero223 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 10:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The promo is

Seems nonsensical but ???
ya I’m not sure either. I looked through the terms and it says nothing against it but... it doesn’t mention 1K anywhere in the promo page, so maybe? This is when it would be really helpful if united insider was around.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
.... This is when it would be really helpful if united insider was around.
As a CLEAR promo, not sure UA reps will know that much, but there is no harm in applying --since it is free and potentially usefully. You do need to provide bio-metrics to use -- but not for the promos.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 12:50 pm

If I’m understanding this right, I currently have:

- UA Premier Silver due to my Marriott Bonvoy Titanium status.

- Amex Personal Platinum $179 credit/rebate (never used)

- Amex Business Platinum $179 credit/rebate (never used)

This is a no cost 15K UA mile acquisition? Never had CLEAR before. Looks like $109 for a Silver Premier and $60 to add a spouse for a total of $169, thus being covered fully under the max $179 Amex rebate.
Flying Machine likes this.

Last edited by cab747; Mar 20, 2022 at 12:56 pm
Old Mar 20, 2022, 12:56 pm

Using the promo link (in the thread's wiki) UA Silvers are eligible for reduced $109 CLEAR fee and 15K UA miles if done before. And using your AMEX card, you should get some AMEX statement credit
Old Mar 20, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Using the promo link (in the thread's wiki) UA Silvers are eligible for reduced $109 CLEAR fee and 15K UA miles if done before. And using your AMEX card, you should get some AMEX statement credit
Changing you position on AMEX statement credit? Did you agree with the posting I provided up thread?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Changing you position on AMEX statement credit? Did you agree with the posting I provided up thread?
Not an AMEX user, so not familiar with how their promos work or even what their promos until it was posted -- but statement credit was an option I suggested might work
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM
what? Currently there is a promo where if you are a premier and sign up for clear you get 15k miles, I am wondering if this also applies to 1K?
Last year's promo (get some travelbank money in exchange for signing up for clear) was similarly ambiguous about whether it applied to 1K's. But I signed up, and I never got my travelbank money. When I tried to escalate with 1kvoice, United said that they had nothing to do with the promotion (even though they were the ones who emailed it to me). See the above posts in this thread for more details.

So, I can't guarantee an answer on this particular promotion, but if you're a 1K and you sign up hoping to get the bonus, be prepared for denial, each party pointing to the other party, and ultimately not getting your bonus.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
I broke down and finally signed up so I'll let you know in a several weeks. I held off because I don't understand the benefit of Clear over Precheck. But it's free for me, so what the heck.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by 1kBill
... I held off because I don't understand the benefit of Clear over Precheck. ....
They are different and complementary

CLEAR -- replaces the id check and takes you to direct to the TSA ID check, so you skip the pre-ID check line. The line you go to depends on your PreCheck status,
PreCheck impact what happens after the ID Check, you keep your shoes on, computer / toiletries in your bag and magnetometer check versus body scanner.

So CLEAR works with or without PreClear

In generally, without CLEAR and PreCheck, you will be in the longest, slowest line, Clear and PreCheck each, in their way, shortens the process.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1K
Just signed up for free as a 1K member. Don't even know whether I'm eligible to use it as a German citizen, but looks like there's nothing to lose.

I didn't receive a confirmation mail and could not set a password, either. However, I was able to login using the password reset link.

I don't expect any miles to post, but who knows. Looks like it's definitely worth a try.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
If you have precheck already clear is useful if

1. You are always late and the precheck line is long and this will make or break you taking the flight. In this case buy clear for the speed.
2. You enjoy the business/first check in line or waving your LH red ticket at people. In this case buy clear for moral superiority.
3. You are amused at the fact that the TSA is incompetent and a private company is blackmailing them into letting them do the screening for them. In this case buy clear to support private enterprise.

Personally all of the above is amusing but I wouldn’t really pay for it myself, I would do it if there was a promo or it was a business expense.

If you don’t have precheck clear is much more valuable but you should probably just get precheck instead.

They are different and complementary

CLEAR -- replaces the id check and takes you to direct to the TSA ID check, so you skip the pre-ID check line. The line you go to depends on your PreCheck status.
This really only makes a difference if the precheck line is long. If you fly somewhere that the precheck line is less than 10 people clear has pretty much no marginal benefit

if you fly JFK at rush hour then it’s 100% worth it

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 21, 2022 at 11:09 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Mar 21, 2022, 11:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by delpiero223
Just signed up for free as a 1K member. Don't even know whether I'm eligible to use it as a German citizen, but looks like there's nothing to lose.

I didn't receive a confirmation mail and could not set a password, either. However, I was able to login using the password reset link.

I don't expect any miles to post, but who knows. Looks like it's definitely worth a try.
I talked to united and they confirmed if a 1K uses the promo link we will get 15k miles.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by delpiero223
Just signed up for free as a 1K member. Don't even know whether I'm eligible to use it as a German citizen, but looks like there's nothing to lose. ....
When you signed up, at the bottom of the page it states
CLEAR is currently only available to US citizens and legal permanent residents 18 and older with a valid government-issued photo ID.
I talked to united and they confirmed if a 1K uses the promo link we will get 15k miles.
May be true but unless you see posted on united.com or FT, phone agents can be questionable on these niche topics -- so let's know how it goes so FT can continue to be a resource to others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.