Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA CLEAR promos -- latest 15K miles for signup by 1 April 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2021, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
If your miles/credits are not posting from the promo, contact United. If you contact Clear, they will tell you to contact United (as United is the one issuing the miles/credit).

Current Promo
https://www.clearme.com/partner/unit...al-clr-tcwldui
United MileagePlus Premier Members: Sign Up Now to Receive Your Special CLEAR Rate and 15,000 Miles

May 27 through July 9, 2022, United MileagePlus® members will receive 10,000 miles and MileagePlus Premier® members will receive 15,000 miles when they sign up for CLEAR®. Trade the airport lines for vacation time with faster, easier and touchless travel. Terms and conditions apply.

Offer for new CLEAR members only. Must be a MileagePlus Premier member or cobranded cardholder to qualify for 15,000 miles. General MileagePlus members will receive 10,000 miles. Offer valid from May 27, 2022 through July 9, 2022. Members must enroll in CLEAR through the offer landing page in order to qualify. This offer is not combinable with any other offer. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus® program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. Please allow 6-8 weeks after completed qualifying activity for miles to post to your account. United® may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines® and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus

[older / expired promos]
March 17 through April 1, 2022, United MileagePlus® Premier® members receive 15,000 miles when they sign up for CLEAR. Trade the airport lines for vacation time with faster, easier and touchless travel. Terms and conditions apply.

Members must be a MileagePlus Premier member to qualify. Offer valid from March 17 through April 1, 2022. Members must enroll in CLEAR through offer landing page in order to qualify. This offer is not combinable with any other offer. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus® program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. Please allow 6-8 weeks after completed qualifying activity for miles to post to your account. United® may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines® and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com. Offer subject to change without notice.
$100 TravelBank credit and 2 free months for Clear signup
Promo ended (original link, here.)
Offer valid for the first 10,000 MileagePlus members to purchase a subscription for CLEAR. Offer ends on 11:59 CST September 9, 2021, or once all 10,000 offers have been claimed, whichever happens earlier. Members must enroll in CLEAR through offer landing page in order to qualify. TravelBank recipients will receive a confirmation email within 72 hours of enrolling in CLEAR. TravelBank credits will be valid for 9 months after the credit is deposited into member’s accounts. TravelBank credits will be deposited on or before September 15, 2021.

Print Wikipost

UA CLEAR promos -- latest 15K miles for signup by 1 April 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2022, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by dabears
Not sure if this is simply incompetence or fraudulent behavior but playing monkey in the middle with their customers is insult to injury.
Both, as before this promo, the previous promo from clear was giving UA travel bank credit, and people have a hard time getting the credit as well, obviously this is clearly a pattern right there with Clear.

FYI, it is in my 10 weeks not getting these miles.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Very unfortunate to hear of the bonus not posting. Hopefully someone will stand up soon and take responsibility..
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:22 pm

FWIW this is what CLEAR responded (at least they did so quickly):
"I do see that the promotion is active on your account and that the time frame has passed. I would recommend reaching out to United regarding the miles since United issues them."
Old Jun 15, 2022, 4:43 am

My 15k miles cleared yesterday. I'd emailed United around a month ago to follow up and yesterday morning I received a response indicating they'd check with CLEAR. Yesterday afternoon the miles were in my account.
Flying Machine and Ezrp like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:52 am

Called Clear today and they said call United. Clear verified the promo was on my account. Called United (again) and they said to email MileagePlus (again) with my UA# and a Clear receipt…. I will try. It looks like you can pull up a receipt for Clear by signing into Clear and managing account.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Ezrp
Called Clear today and they said call United. Clear verified the promo was on my account. Called United (again) and they said to email MileagePlus (again) with my UA# and a Clear receipt…. I will try. It looks like you can pull up a receipt for Clear by signing into Clear and managing account.
wow! That’s a lot of work and finger pointing..
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I sent an email to United a couple days ago and got a response yesterday, asking for a screenshot saying I had successfully registered.

I was going to send it today, but this morning I noticed the 15,000 are now in the account. Under Mileage activity details, it says April 14, which is two weeks after I registered.

Seems they had a pretty big backlog/bug stopping the miles from going through. Hopefully it is resolved for everyone now.

I paid $109 for the 15,000 miles, which is a good price and worth at least $250 (two or three domestic flights on ANA here in Japan). I am not sure if I will have a chance to actually use CLEAR, as I may not make it to the US in the next 12 months.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K
My 15.000 miles have posted, dated back to April 2022. Didn't write any e-mail, looks like they've now posted automatically.

I'm an European citizen and didn't complete any further steps with Clear besides signing up. Great that it worked out
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:03 am

Just checked and I don't see my miles posted. Signed up in middle of March...
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by delpiero223
My 15.000 miles have posted, dated back to April 2022. Didn't write any e-mail, looks like they've now posted automatically.

I'm an European citizen and didn't complete any further steps with Clear besides signing up. Great that it worked out
Did you finalize registration at the airport? I have a colleague who was told you must be a US resident.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA G MM, AS 75K MVP, Delta Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, PC Spire
Finally posted!
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by uanj
Did you finalize registration at the airport? I have a colleague who was told you must be a US resident.
No, haven't done anything. As you said, it appears that it's not even possible to do so. I only signed up for the free miles. (as a 1K)
uanj likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:47 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
My 15,000 miles are in now as well. Dated 4/14/22.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by uanj
I haven't been to the US to finalize yet and got my miles. I do have a US address though.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New promo through July 9

I guess CLEAR didn't reach their signup goals with the last promo, because I just got a mailer from UA / CLEAR offering the 15K miles if I "activate my free membership."

I've never once walked past a CLEAR kiosk and wished I had a membership, and I wouldn't pay $0.25 for one. But if they're going to give me 15K miles just for activation, I guess I can deal with that.

https://clearme.com/15000

ETA: Here are the terms from the promo page:

May 27 through July 9, 2022, United MileagePlus® members will receive 10,000 miles and MileagePlus Premier® members will receive 15,000 miles when they sign up for CLEAR®. Trade the airport lines for vacation time with faster, easier and touchless travel. Terms and conditions apply.
So, 10K miles for general members and 15K for Premier members.
SPN Lifer and uanj like this.

Last edited by jsloan; Jun 18, 2022 at 11:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.