Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Quick question about UA's employee "Flying Together" site

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2021, 11:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist

I don't have access to flying together however I was just curious, is that info allowed to be shared.
Old May 11, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
what info?
Old May 11, 2021, 12:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CALMSP
what info?
flight info such as, held seats, blocked seats, how many people are on the upgrade list etc
Old May 11, 2021, 12:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
flight info such as, held seats, blocked seats, how many people are on the upgrade list etc
you can see this on the app that is made public to anyone using the app.
Old May 11, 2021, 12:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CALMSP
you can see this on the app that is made public to anyone using the app.
I believe a lot of the info is not made available to the public such as how much united is willing to oversell a flight.
Old May 11, 2021, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
I believe a lot of the info is not made available to the public such as how much united is willing to oversell a flight.
Deliberate oversells appear to be a thing of the past.
Old May 11, 2021, 12:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Deliberate oversells appear to be a thing of the past.
why do you say that? United still oversells flights
Old May 11, 2021, 12:52 pm

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
I don't have access to flying together however I was just curious, is that info allowed to be shared.
If this is related to a single non-rev booking, yes, the employee may share the likelihood of seat availability with the buddy pass holder. But using the company access password for bulk queries may get the employee in trouble.
Old May 11, 2021, 12:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Beleive "Flying Together" is an internal communication site and the above information is not on that site.

I would suspect "Flying Together" is considered company confidential and UA would prefer those communications stay internal but are aware they will leak out (and therefore limits what is posted).

The inventory information is clearly proprietary and probably be a poor employment choice to provide publicly (and not appropriate for us/FT to request such information).
fastair likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 1:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Beleive "Flying Together" is an internal communication site and the above information is not on that site.

I would suspect "Flying Together" is considered company confidential and UA would prefer those communications stay internal but are aware they will leak out (and therefore limits what is posted).

The inventory information is clearly proprietary and probably be a poor employment choice to provide publicly (and not appropriate for us/FT to request such information).
Whatever the site is that employees use for non rev travel can access that info. Im pretty sure its flying together.
Old May 11, 2021, 1:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Whatever the site is that employees use for non rev travel can access that info.
Asking for that information is requesting an employee take an employment risk and is not an appropriate request on FT

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Flyingtogether.Ual.com is the official employee intranet login portal for ual employee. The united airline home page is created to help ual employee to check various information like all upcoming work schedules, pay stubs, airline news and many other employee's account management services.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 11, 2021 at 1:11 pm
Old May 11, 2021, 1:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Asking for that information is requesting an employee take an employment risk and is not an appropriate request on FT

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
I am absolutely not requesting that info. I was saying that I wasn't sure if flying together is the non rev Site. Then I added that from what I have seen the non rev site has access to the info discussed above.
Old May 11, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Whatever the site is that employees use for non rev travel can access that info. I'm pretty sure its flying together.
Flying Together does not have flight load information. That is on a separate site and can also be found on the app when signed in with employee credentials. Flight load and booking information is confidential and can't be shared outside of our approved pass-riders.

The closest Flying Together gets to flight information is that a section on flying Together details our travel benefits and incudes a link to the site where we can see the flight loads and create non-rev listings.
757FO, SPN Lifer and lincolnjkc like this.
Old May 12, 2021, 8:09 am

Yes, employees have access to that information and no, they are not allowed to share it.
Old May 12, 2021, 9:53 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Raymoland
Yes, employees have access to that information and no, they are not allowed to share it.
What he (@Raymoland) said.

There is really no further discussion required, is there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.