Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Travel Waiver: Middle East Unrest (May 11, 2021 – May 25, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2021, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Airport:
  • Tel Aviv, IL (TLV)
Original ticket must have been purchased by: May 10, 2021

Rebook language:
  • The change fee and any difference in fare will be waived for new United flights departing between May 11, 2021 – June 15, 2021, as long as travel is rescheduled in the originally ticketed cabin (any fare class) and between the same cities as originally ticketed.
  • For wholly rescheduled travel departing after June 15, 2021, or for a change in departure or destination city, the change fee will be waived, but a difference in fare may apply. Rescheduled travel must be completed within one year from the date when the ticket was issued.
  • View your reservation and select Change Flight to search for alternate flights.
Waiver (normal folks): https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ideast-waivers

Jetstream Waiver (not posted / Jetstream page is down): https://jetstream.united.com/#/all-travel-waiver

Waiver Parameter Code (not posted): 1+ (?)

David

Old May 12, 2021, 12:49 am

Hi. Can someone tell what happened to flight 85 today (May 12)? I switched to it because my flight to ORD was canceled and then switched again and was curious if that was mistake so checked on it again and it seems to be going to Frankfurt?
Old May 12, 2021, 4:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by daisyatl
Hi. Can someone tell what happened to flight 85 today (May 12)? I switched to it because my flight to ORD was canceled and then switched again and was curious if that was mistake so checked on it again and it seems to be going to Frankfurt?
Odd. It has just left TLV and supposedly arrives in FRA in 13 hours??? Then leaves FRA for EWR at 15:45 today.
Looks like it is making a stop at FRA for a few hours, then back en route to EWR.
daisyatl likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: United 1K, 1.9MM
I flew on Flight 84 from EWR to TLV. that left yesterday 5/11. When we took off the pilot said that he loaded enough fuel to fly back to FRA if needed.
The same crew probably took the plane out as soon as the passengers were off, as not to have to stay in Israel due to the current situation.
Old May 12, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by acr113
I flew on Flight 84 from EWR to TLV. that left yesterday 5/11. When we took off the pilot said that he loaded enough fuel to fly back to FRA if needed.
The same crew probably took the plane out as soon as the passengers were off, as not to have to stay in Israel due to the current situation.
Arrived into TLV at 10:16am and departed at 12:50pm.

Why wouldn't they be able to refuel?
Old May 12, 2021, 3:48 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Originally Posted by acr113
Why wouldn't they be able to refuel?
Perhaps the pilot was covering the situation, just in case, they were unable to land or decided against landing.
Mike Jacoubowsky likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
A passenger on the diverted flight just left this comment on my blog,

"All we got told was that the flight crew is going to change there, and that’s what happened though it took a long time.

“UA 85: On the way to Newark, your United flight will be making a brief stop in Frankfurt to assign new crew members for the remainder of the journey. During this time, you will remain on board while your new crew prepares for departure and our ground team refuels your plane. We expect to arrive in Newark at 7:13 pm. Thank you for your understanding – we look forward to welcoming you on board.”"
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Jetstream Waiver (posted): https://jetstream.united.com/#/all-travel-waiver

Waiver Parameter Code (posted): 2

Jetstream waiver Parameter Code 2:

David
Old May 12, 2021, 5:20 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
A passenger on the diverted flight just left this comment on my blog,

"All we got told was that the flight crew is going to change there, and that’s what happened though it took a long time.

“UA 85: On the way to Newark, your United flight will be making a brief stop in Frankfurt to assign new crew members for the remainder of the journey. During this time, you will remain on board while your new crew prepares for departure and our ground team refuels your plane. We expect to arrive in Newark at 7:13 pm. Thank you for your understanding – we look forward to welcoming you on board.”"
I'm in Tel Aviv at the moment, here's what I believe happened: With the current unrest UA probably didn't have a crew available (last couple of days were canceled) and could have even sent another crew home early on another carrier. That would make sense of the whole scheduled diversion.
Meanwhile, I've got to find a way home. Wish me luck!
Old May 12, 2021, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by AVIZ
I'm in Tel Aviv at the moment, here's what I believe happened: With the current unrest UA probably didn't have a crew available (last couple of days were canceled) and could have even sent another crew home early on another carrier. That would make sense of the whole scheduled diversion.
Meanwhile, I've got to find a way home. Wish me luck!
Grab the El Al flight to MIA early Sunday morning while you can.
Who knows when the US carriers will restart.
Old May 12, 2021, 7:23 pm

Grab the El Al flight to MIA early Sunday morning while you can.
Who knows when the US carriers will restart.
I am in the same boat but trying to get to SF. I was just booked on UA via EWR on Sunday. Perhaps I should have taken that flight yesterday...even if it would have meant a FRA stop and an overnight in EWR.
Old May 12, 2021, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Best of luck to everyone stranded in Israel trying to get back to U.S.
SPN Lifer, Brandinho1 and daisyatl like this.
Old May 12, 2021, 8:05 pm

I am in the same boat but trying to get to SF. I was just booked on UA via EWR on Sunday. Perhaps I should have taken that flight yesterday...even if it would have meant a FRA stop and an overnight in EWR.
Been down this road before.
El Al is the only airline that's going to be flying between the US and TLV anytime soon, which is why all of their flights are getting booked up.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 13, 2021, 12:12 am

Amid Gaza rocket fire, officials close Ben Gurion to incoming flights
To spread civilian air travel across larger area, incoming flights to land at Ramon Airport in south, let off passengers, then fly to Ben Gurion Airport to pick up new ones https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-may-13-2021/

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 13, 2021 at 12:19 am Reason: formating

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.