Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Surprised to find Business award seats so easily available for Dec

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Surprised to find Business award seats so easily available for Dec

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2021, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dkc192
...to everywhere except East Asia! (And Aus/NZ, but that's a different story given capacity controls.)

TPAC upgrade space blocked?
January 1st I booked for October 2021 BOS-SFO-AKL/AKL-BNE/SYD-LAX-BOS for 2 pax in IN-class for the TPAC segments for 160k Miles. TYO/SIN was wide-open too.

I am booked for 2 pax for June & September & x-mas to ZRH in IN-class.

I might take some flexibility, but IN availability has been spectacular.

Old Feb 8, 2021, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cfischer
January 1st I booked for October 2021 BOS-SFO-AKL/AKL-BNE/SYD-LAX-BOS for 2 pax in IN-class for the TPAC segments for 160k Miles. TYO/SIN was wide-open too.

Toward the end of that thread, you'll see that PN/PZ/IN/I were wide open on those TPAC routes for a few days in early January, and then promptly went back to zero for all dates more than a month or so out. Congrats on sneaking in the IN booking to BNE/SYD while it was open, though!
Old Feb 8, 2021, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
I booked ORF-PVG for April, May and June in IN spaces. But I do not think that China will be open by June. I was too optimistic in January when I booked those tickets.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by cfischer

Last week the NZ PM thought that the border would remained closed for the rest of the year, so temper you expectations ...
Old Feb 9, 2021, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kmxu
I booked ORF-PVG for April, May and June in IN spaces. But I do not think that China will be open by June. I was too optimistic in January when I booked those tickets.
No chance it will be open. I doubt any East Asian country will really open (without 14 day quarantine) until next year. With the possible exception of Japan of the Olympics still go off.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dkc192
Toward the end of that thread, you'll see that PN/PZ/IN/I were wide open on those TPAC routes for a few days in early January, and then promptly went back to zero for all dates more than a month or so out.
Pretty much no luck sofar on end-of-year holidays to Asia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.