Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Travel Waiver: Mid-Atlantic Winter Weather (January 31, 2021 - February 1, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Waiver: Mid-Atlantic Winter Weather (January 31, 2021 - February 1, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2021, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Airports:
  • Baltimore, MD (BWI)
  • Charlottesville, VA (CHO)
  • Harrisburg, PA (MDT)
  • Johnstown, PA (JST)
  • Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
  • Pittsburgh, PA (PIT)
  • Richmond, VA (RIC)
  • Roanoke, VA (ROA)
  • Shenandoah Valley, VA (SHD)
  • State College, PA (SCE)
  • Washington, DC - Dulles (IAD)
  • Washington-National, DC (DCA)
  • Wilkes Barre/Scranton, PA (AVP)
Original ticket must have been purchased by: January 28, 2021

Rebook language: The change fee and any difference in fare will be waived for new United flights departing on or before February 6, 2021, as long as travel is rescheduled in the originally ticketed cabin (any fare class) and between the same cities as originally ticketed. View your reservation and select Change Flight to search for alternate flights.

Waiver (normal folks): https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...merica-waivers

Jetstream Waiver (posted): https://jetstream.united.com/#/all-travel-waiver

Waiver Parameter Code (posted): 1+

David

Old Jan 30, 2021, 2:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Not sure why they're adding AVP to Mid-Atlantic waiver, and not the Northeast one, which is one day later. Looks like it's going to be bad here 1st and 2nd, NOT 31st and 1st. Odd...
SS255 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 5:12 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Already moved my Feb 1 flights to Feb 2, got tired of waiting for the waiver, with no change fees it wouldn’t have made a difference since fares didn’t change. They really did wait for the last minute since 4-8” of snow has been forecast for a couple of days now in DC.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 6:04 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Ms. LincolnJKC was booked to do CLE-ORD-DCA (she hates IAD, or more precisely the trek to/from IAD from 20002) today.

Yesterday got messages early in the day with the usual "if you have flexible travel plans..." but there were no other options available in the app. Sticking with the original flights she checked in, etc. early in the day yesterday and around 8pm last night got a "good news, you have received seat assignment on flight XXXX on February 1st, (whhhha? I don't have a flight on Feb. 1) followed a few minutes later by a message that ORD-DCA for the 31st had been canceled.

Looking at the reservation looked like UA bounced her from the ORD-DCA on the 31st and rebooked the entire return as CLE-ORD-DCA departing at 7:30am on Monday (bleh.) with a 6 hour sit in ORD (double bleh). Neither app nor website were offering anything else, and of course for someone who actully has to work during the day not really practical.

Wound up calling and got her moved to the CLE-IAD nonstop with a $12 one-way rental from Hertz (IAD-DC Union Station which is 1 stop on the red line or a ~20 minute walk from our apartment)--she wasn't entirely happy with that but much happier than the +1 day option that the rebooking engine tried to force upon her.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Ms. LincolnJKC was booked to do CLE-ORD-DCA (she hates IAD, or more precisely the trek to/from IAD from 20002) today.

Yesterday got messages early in the day with the usual "if you have flexible travel plans..." but there were no other options available in the app. Sticking with the original flights she checked in, etc. early in the day yesterday and around 8pm last night got a "good news, you have received seat assignment on flight XXXX on February 1st, (whhhha? I don't have a flight on Feb. 1) followed a few minutes later by a message that ORD-DCA for the 31st had been canceled.

Looking at the reservation looked like UA bounced her from the ORD-DCA on the 31st and rebooked the entire return as CLE-ORD-DCA departing at 7:30am on Monday (bleh.) with a 6 hour sit in ORD (double bleh). Neither app nor website were offering anything else, and of course for someone who actully has to work during the day not really practical.

Wound up calling and got her moved to the CLE-IAD nonstop with a $12 one-way rental from Hertz (IAD-DC Union Station which is 1 stop on the red line or a ~20 minute walk from our apartment)--she wasn't entirely happy with that but much happier than the +1 day option that the rebooking engine tried to force upon her.
I think the app's IRROPS rebooking has been neutered with the changes to SDC (i.e. changes-for-everyone-all-the-time!). I imagine you looked for any option to add coterminals to your searches, yes?

Anyway hope she/you enjoys/enjoy the 1250 miles (? correct for 1 day?) for choosing Hertz.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fumje
I think the app's IRROPS rebooking has been neutered with the changes to SDC (i.e. changes-for-everyone-all-the-time!). I imagine you looked for any option to add coterminals to your searches, yes?

Anyway hope she/you enjoys/enjoy the 1250 miles (? correct for 1 day?) for choosing Hertz.
On the app I'm not sure since it was my wife's phone/account ... on the web the change flight option was giving message along the lines of "you can't change your flights now but you can look at other flight options during the check in process" -- but wouldn't let her check in because the new first flight was >24 hours out.

Should have been more insistent about getting her to sign up for G+Rewards before the rental... sigh. Still working on getting her on the rewards treadmill :-P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.