Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access for this itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2021, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Lounge access for this itinerary

Hi all,
I have the following one way itinerary (flying out next week) booked with UA miles

PNQ-DEL-EWR-AUS
PNQ-DEL (AI850) is Business class on Air India
DEL-EWR (UA83) is Business class on United
EWR-AUS (UA2316) is Economy on United

Will we have free lounge access in PNQ and DEL? If yes, which ones?
For the EWR-AUS segment I am guessing they won't give free lounge access, right?

Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2021, 1:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rbaustin
Hi all,
I have the following one way itinerary (flying out next week) booked with UA miles

PNQ-DEL-EWR-AUS

For the EWR-AUS segment I am guessing they won't give free lounge access, right?

Thanks!
Not aware of any *A (star alliance) lounge in PNQ, AI may have some special arrangement
You will have access at DEL to *A lounges . appears the AI is the only one open
At EWR, as an arriving UA Polaris passenger, you will have access to the United Club (C1) at EWR. The rest are closed (and service is very limited)

This link can generally answer these questions
rbaustin likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Hi all,

PNQ-DEL-EWR-AUS

Thanks!
I am not sure that is an Air India lounge in Pune. In DEL, there is a lounge available https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder
At EWR, you can visit the United Club near Gate 86.
Good journey!
SPN Lifer and rbaustin like this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Not aware of any *A (star alliance) lounge in PNQ, AI may have some special arrangement
You will have access at DEL to *A lounges . appears the AI is the only one open
At EWR, as an arriving UA Polaris passenger, you will have access to the United Club (C1) at EWR. The rest are closed (and service is very limited)

This link can generally answer these questions
AI lounge in DEL is closed.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
A reminder that to access the UA Club at EWR, you might need to show your Polaris DEL-EWR boarding pass to the UC agent so be sure not to throw it away or have a mobile copy on your phone.
rbaustin likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 1:16 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by malgudi
AI lounge in DEL is closed.
Are we sure about this? That thread doesn't give indication that the AI DEL T3 lounge is closed.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Are we sure about this? That thread doesn't give indication that the AI DEL T3 lounge is closed.
COVID-19. I would say it is safe to assume it is closed.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 7:09 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by garykung
... I would say it is safe to assume it is closed.
The *A Lounge Finder indicates the AI lounge is open and the LH lounge is closed. While that tool has not been 100% accurate, it been pretty decent per reports.

But best to query in the AI referenced lounge thread.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
There's every indication in that thread re: the lounge being closed.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 26, 2021 at 10:25 am Reason: snark is unneeded
Old Jan 26, 2021, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
A reminder that to access the UA Club at EWR, you might need to show your Polaris DEL-EWR boarding pass to the UC agent so be sure not to throw it away or have a mobile copy on your phone.
I wasn't sure if they would allow passengers with previous business class flight to access lounge even though their connection is economy. I was thinking of buying lounge pass.
Over here https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...nge/locations/ it says the only one open is near Gate 74.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 10:30 am

I wasn't sure if they would allow passengers with previous business class flight to access lounge even though their connection is economy. I was thinking of buying lounge pass. ...
UA has a rule that
Customers in United Polaris business class may access United Club locations at departure, connecting and arrival airports footnote3 along their eligible same-day routing.
This is more generous that the standard *A lounge access rules and only applies to UA operated Polaris passenger and UA Clubs
Over here https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...nge/locations/ it says the only one open is near Gate 74.
Yes that is the only UA presently open at EWR, in terminal C1, near gate C74
rbaustin likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 26, 2021 at 11:58 am Reason: EWR, not ORD
Old Jan 27, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
The LoungeBuddy app can tell you what lounges you have access to on a given itinerary based on airline, class, status, CCs and so on, and is probably the most accurate on what is open or closed right now. It is the latter that I most use it for currently.

I then use the maps on the United app to find out how to get to them, if I don’t already know.
rbaustin likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Reporting back:
Lounge is open in PNQ
Pax did not have enough time between connections at DEL. So, not sure about *A lounge in DEL
Pax were able to enter United lounge at EWR (near gate C74) by scanning their Economy connecting ticket to AUS. WineCountryUA was spot on. Thanks everyone for your inputs!
Repooc17, SPN Lifer and Oakshadow like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.