Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2021, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
LAX still doesn’t have those new French Twist breakfast sandwiches. Last week to ORD and this morning to DEN the offers were still turkey or vegetarian. I want to try the new sandwich...
Here you go:
It is kinda like a McMuffin without the cheese. The bread tastes surprisingly fresh. The small ham slice is cosmetic, could not discover adding any flavor to this egg sandwich.

Served hot on a small plate

The inside "works"
Old Mar 5, 2021, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Here you go:
It is kinda like a McMuffin without the cheese. The bread tastes surprisingly fresh. The small ham slice is cosmetic, could not discover adding any flavor to this egg sandwich.

The inside "works"
erm. no.

David
Dyce and zeer0 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Here you go:

The inside "works"
Was that served ex-LAX?
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA
Was that served ex-LAX?
Yup, had it on LAX-HNL yesterday. I like it, tastes every bit like the fast food chain's breakfast sandwich but it hardly greasy/oily.

I guess HNL-DEN is only 1 meal service now, just glad they have real food though. I picked lobster mac & cheese, quality was there just needed some additional salt and pepper.

Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was that served ex-LAX?
Correct. LAX-midcon 3hrs flight.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Correct. LAX-midcon 3hrs flight.
About time!
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Yup, had it on LAX-HNL yesterday. I like it, tastes every bit like the fast food chain's breakfast sandwich but it hardly greasy/oily.
Indeed, leaving the cheese out might have helped to be non-greasy, even though I could not figure out/nor recognize the yellowish thing on one the side of the bun.
But it tasted pretty good after I spiced it up with my carry-on condiments.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
That poor egg tho...
Old Mar 6, 2021, 8:49 pm

Programs: *G
Was that served ex-LAX?
that muffin looks like it IS exlax.
PTahCha and artvandalay like this.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
With the latest schedule change that was loaded last night, I just noticed that the shorter Hawaii flights (from LAX/SFO) now have meals listed in F as opposed to the COVID-era snack. This appears to take effect starting April 1st. Other non-Hawaii domestic flights of similar length (ex. non premium transcons) still show a snack in F. Not sure whether this is just a mistake meal coding or an actual intent to return to some normalcy of meal service in F on these specific Hawaii flights.

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 7, 2021, 9:22 am

UA503 ORD-IAH B787-9 Polaris 9:15AM

Breakfast options included egg sandwich, veggie sandwich, or tapas box. Despite being a B787-9 they somehow ran out of Bloody Mary mix and I was given tomato juice instead for when I asked for seconds... (would not recommend at all). Also, no snack bags offered on this flight and my request for more snacks/food was shot down

Old Mar 7, 2021, 9:25 am

UA329 IAH-DEN B737-900ER 2:50PM

Chicken sandwich, tomato basil sandwich, or select box. Ran out of chicken sandwich by the third row (I was 4F). Got the select box for science. Also, no snack bags offered on this flight. Have they been removed?

Old Mar 7, 2021, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by JustSomeFlyer
Also, no snack bags offered on this flight and my request for more snacks/food was shot down
Out of curiosity, what was the specific ask and response?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 7, 2021 at 10:27 am Reason: repaired quote
Old Mar 7, 2021, 9:44 am

"Are there any more snacks?" "No sorry we only have enough for each passenger to get one" (something along those lines). On all my previous flights the snack bags were pro-actively offered and I didn't want to push any further; she had already scoured the entire aircraft trying to find a bloody mary mix for me.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JustSomeFlyer
... she had already scoured the entire aircraft trying to find a bloody mary mix for me.
I bet she didn't look under seat 23B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.