Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Registering a shopping site in Mileage Plus five minutes after the purchase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2020, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond

I was using two computers and purchased a GoPro.. and I went to the second one that had the MileagePlus shopping in my Chrome extension and I quickly registered it.

So I bought it and registered the website five minutes later.. will I get the 2x bonus?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wiggums
So I bought it and registered the website five minutes later.. will I get the 2x bonus?
In order to get the bonus, you'd need to be logged into MileagePlus Shopping at the time of the purchase. Registering afterwards won't do you any good. Cartera, rhe company that's running MileagePlus Shopping, only gets notified about purchases that are made when you're logged in. (Those are also the only purchases they get paid for: the retailers pay a referral fee to Cartera, and then Cartera buys miles from United to put into your account).
Wiggums, SPN Lifer and writerguyfl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.