Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Sears/Willis Tower without power for days, flight ops moved to Elk Grove Village

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sears/Willis Tower without power for days, flight ops moved to Elk Grove Village

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2020, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by acregal
I am continually amazed at how places haven't realized how having critical electrical equipment and generators in the basement isn't a terrible idea.
I once worked for a company - whose name I won't mention because it's a household name - that decided to renovate some office space, including the bathrooms, into data center space. Lift the raised floor tile, and you could still see the bathroom tile - and capped piping - under there. The main sewer stack for the entire building ran right through the middle of the data center... so when someone would call and say they were knee deep .... they meant it.

Thankfully, that facility is now closed. The stories I can tell ...

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 22, 2020 at 11:47 am Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.